• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Banging head on wall trying to figure out the best stud pattern for 137 track

^That's a real nice setup you have, I want to do the same but with prolight plastic doubles filling the cavity were it is open and run from there.On the 1" track what would be a good pic mega bites or gd and the longest lenth ?

Attachments

• studding2.jpg
    studding2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 116

^That's a real nice setup you have, I want to do the same but with prolight plastic doubles filling the cavity were it is open and run from there.On the 1" track what would be a good pic mega bites or gd and the longest lenth ?
If it was me, I would go with the 1.325 Gold diggers, millions of miles have proven that stud!

StudBoy Lake Racer 1.620" on StudBoy Double ProLite backers. 15% lighter than aluminum backers with aluminum lock nuts. Tap backers before install. Install stud with a drop or two of superglue. Never hit anything in tunnel. Run track tension per PEFI video.

Attachments

• studding2.jpg
    studding2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 111
You can do any pattern you like... I recommend getting the C.B. performance 1/8" template to build a custom pattern...works great..
Check out CB performance Star Backers.....Been using for 4 years now. Expensive but worth it.

You can’t mix woodies double backers and studboy template and studboy double backers with woodies template. Incase anyone is wondering. The hole center to center is different in them. From what me and my father had anyway.

For what it's worth, Woody's Double Digger backers line up with Studboy's template 2583-00 double holes, cheers

I agree with RAMSOMAIR, Doubles all the way, 1.5in Studboy Power Points.
how many studs is your pattern, iwant to do doubles in down the middle too!!and what are the best patterns for doubles down the center

Anyone looking to stud with cb performance template i have one for sale. 45 new i used once sell for 30 plus the ride.

how many studs is your pattern, iwant to do doubles in down the middle too!!and what are the best patterns for doubles down the center
192 studs, 96 backers, I ordered the tall nuts separately, it's tough to get a pattern with all doubles and not have a few repeating scratch lines though

Anybody use Mega-Bites with the Pro Lite backers with success? According to the Woody's Tech guy it's not a good mate.

Anybody use Mega-Bites with the Pro Lite backers with success? According to the Woody's Tech guy it's not a good mate.

Yep. Have thousands of miles on my old Turbo Doo and this Winder with megabites and Pro-lite backers. I use double Pro-Lites only, the large plus in the middle band and the std size in the outside bands.

Only problems I've had are with the tips coming out after sharpening them. No Issues with the backers at all, unless of course you strip them.

I always tap them 1/2--3/4 of the way thru with a drill and tap first. Never a problem. Takes only a couple minutes to tap them with a reversible drill, just hold them in your hand and drill the tap in, then reverse, it's real easy. I wouldn't try it without tapping however, I failed miserably trying that, they strip out prior to tightening up without tapping them.

Excellent guys thanks. I like Turboflash's idea with the super glue also. It might be a bitch to get them off, but honestly I don't think this track is long for this world! Might get a couple more seasons out of it.

According to Stud Boy when I talked to them, tapping the ProLite backer prior to install increases holding power by at least 50% compared to not tapping them. They were the ones who also told me to use a drop of super glue on threads. Works great. NEVER have had a stud pull out of backer or come loose.

Back