• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Charger

JCviper

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 SR Viper LTX-DX
YAHOO
jcstang06@yahoo.com
TWITTER
Jcgoblue2
Looking for a charger to leave on sled during storage. Is Battery Tender the way to go? Different brand? Certain size? First time four stroke owner here.

Same here too Battery tender jr. On all year round, kept one on my 2010 Vector since new and battery never let me down on extended trips up north. All my toys have one connected, Wife says that it looks like Formula 1 garage with all the cables hanging down.

Last edited:
Tender Jr. it is! Thanks guys

Like the previous comments. I keep mine on all summer and the battery has lasted 7 seasons. I think I am gonna push it an 8th. Battery still cranks hard. It only struggles a bit on a really cold morning.
MS

i have the battery tender thats waterproof....years now got 3 of them LOVE them

Same here too Battery tender jr. On all year round, kept one on my 2010 Vector since new and battery never let me down on extended trips up north. All my toys have one connected, Wife says that it looks like Formula 1 garage with all the cables hanging down.
That's impressive that she knows what a formula 1 garage looks like:D

Am I the only one that doesn't put battery tenders on anything? I've only had one powersports battery go bad in a long time, the original on my 94' TRX 300 which was ~15 years old at the time. I WILL say that I do start everything, including sleds, once a month and let them warm up to operating temperature.

I use Optimate. It has successfully brought 3 bad batteries back from the dead so far. One was mine, two that are my neighbor's. My dad turned me on to them after it revived one of his. I'm a huge fan!

Yuasa Smart chargers are a great choice. They make the best Batteries and chargers !

Am I the only one that doesn't put battery tenders on anything? I've only had one powersports battery go bad in a long time, the original on my 94' TRX 300 which was ~15 years old at the time. I WILL say that I do start everything, including sleds, once a month and let them warm up to operating temperature.
I'm with you. When did all this battery tender crap get started? I have snowmobiles, hot rods, motorcycles, boats. They all have batteries. I have never used a battery tender. I top them off prior to storage. I keep them where they won't freeze and I put them on a slow (2 amp) charge prior to reinstalling them. I don't have battery problems.

Back