• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belly Pan Blown Belt Protector

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
While doing some testing up at Excell last season Aaron expressed the need for a belly pan protector. There were instances when the belts were blowing holes through the belly pan and then not rideable due to snow dust venting into clutch and belt area causing belt slippage.

With some input from Aaron I designed a protector. There are others on the market, but the idea of just sandwiching the foam and riveting a plate to the plastic panel just didn't suit me.

Below is a photo of what I have so far. I will be adding a rubber grommet and collar to the rear mount hole so vibration and stress is not contained within the guard itself. This should prevent stress cracks like the oil tank and radiator mount tabs that happened on early year apex and vector sleds.

Once completed these will be available from myself or Excell.

IMG_0746.JPG

While doing some testing up at Excell last season Aaron expressed the need for a belly pan protector. There were instances when the belts were blowing holes through the belly pan and then not rideable due to snow dust venting into clutch and belt area causing belt slippage.

With some input from Aaron I designed a protector. There are others on the market, but the idea of just sandwiching the foam and riveting a plate to the plastic panel just didn't suit me.

Below is a photo of what I have so far. I will be adding a rubber grommet and collar to the rear mount hole so vibration and stress is not contained within the guard itself. This should prevent stress cracks like the oil tank and radiator mount tabs that happened on early year apex and vector sleds.

Once completed these will be available from myself or Excell.

View attachment 129167
nice !!! what price i
am from canada

Looks like the guard will be moving with the engine.

That"s a nice piece!! My belt incident showed marks and whipping up high closer to the top of the shock mount. a little higher would be ideal.
X2 they are blowing out the front of the panel from what I saw just extend that up 2in and it will be perfect.

X2 they are blowing out the front of the panel from what I saw just extend that up 2in and it will be perfect.
X3. The one i have Is attached by the upper tab bolt. I have seen one whit a lots of duct tape closed to that bolt......

Thanks for all the feedback. I plan to look into all the suggestions tomorrow.

The intent is to have one design that will also fit the viper as well.

Thanks for all the feedback. I plan to look into all the suggestions tomorrow.

The intent is to have one design that will also fit the viper as well.
When do you plan to have your product on the market ? For my winder this is a must .

Is the area marked in yellow where you guys are seeing damage? Thinking the contour of side panel is slightly different between viper and sidewinder in this area. Perhaps I will make up a supplemental piece for both sleds that can rivet to the panel to protect this area. I have a viper being dropped off this afternoon and I will compare the two.

IMG_0762.JPG

Is the area marked in yellow where you guys are seeing damage? Thinking the contour of side panel is slightly different between viper and sidewinder in this area. Perhaps I will make up a supplemental piece for both sleds that can rivet to the panel to protect this area. I have a viper being dropped off this afternoon and I will compare the two.

View attachment 129203
Yes that is the spot!