• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt blows at 150mph!!!!!! Check out my pics.

rerod

Extreme
It was my third race of the day. I had just looked down to see 150something and holy gernade. The noise was so loud. The track locked up, engine died and I was just glad that my arm or leg didnt get ripped off. I was just thinking prior to that race, maybe I should change my belt. Thank god the belt gaurd held together. I was at 16psi wide open. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• rx1 001.jpg
    rx1 001.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 199
  • rx1 002.jpg
    rx1 002.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 172
  • rx1 003.jpg
    rx1 003.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 204
  • rx1 004.jpg
    rx1 004.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 222

Are you sure that the clutch didn't let go first causing the belt to shred? I don't see why the clutch would disintergrate just by blowing a belt, Ken.

Thank god the metal didnt get ya. Huury up and get her put back together so we can ride in a couple of weeks.

I looked at my secondary at the beginning of the year. Cracks like crazy down in the inside of the sheaves. Id say it was within about 5 miles of doing the same thing. I had a photo of it but I cant find it. Scary. If you run too steep of helix it throws the belt down in the full shift ranges and spins and wears the clutch like crazy. Thats what i found anyway.

Bossman said:
Thank god the metal didnt get ya. Huury up and get her put back together so we can ride in a couple of weeks.

I should have it all together, but if not I still have my f7. The f7 will give a run for your money, untill the juicy juice runs out. :nos

Anybody running the Team secondary on turbos/SCs? They seem to handle a lot of horsepower and usually run much cooler.

Back