• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Replacement Stock RX1 - OEM or Aftermarket

ekmoor

My belt started shredding over the weekend. What do people use for replacement belts? Yamaha or ?? This is a stock machine used for trail riding but will hit 100mph on a short lake nearby.

Suggestions?
Thanks....

belts

ekmoor said:
Thanks....ordered Yamaha Belt 8DN 17641 01 00....$55
$55 nice,i just bought one from our local dealer for $100.Opening day for them as well,think i will go back to ordering online.

Purchased from:
SHS Power Sports
2807 Lake Michigan Drive
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504
1-866-829-6884

Plus $10 for shipping so really $65....

Attachments

• 100_1307.JPG
    100_1307.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 191
Port Yamaha has them also for $54.00 plus shipping. Use Yamaha belt only.
:4STroke: :yam: :rocks:

The Ultimax belts are a slightly softer rubber and thus slightly "stickier". Putting one in a stock clutched machine will give odd clutching issues such as late backshifting. Some people claim higher top speeds from less slippage on the clutches, but I have yet to see any hard evidence of this, and nearly everyone reports an overall poorer feel on the trails. They also don't last as long.

If you shredded a belt, better check your clutch alignment. I've got over 3500 miles on the original stock belt and it's still well within spec with

would suggest making sure wether you have an -00 or -01 belt and getting the same as what you had the -01 is a little wider.

I had about 1800 miles on the belt before it shredded. I thought they discontinued the 00 belt and I did not have a choice to get the older style belt. I also have a SX Viper that still has the mounted spare so I can use it for the spare on the RX1 if that is any advantage.

Should I search out an 00 belt?
Thanks,
Ed

my drive clutch has a groove wore in it with only 3500 miles, always used stock belt, i have always been told aftermarket belts last because they are hard and usually cause this problem with the drive clutch, so not sure what is really better, i did read this info from "Hartman Inc."

http://www.hartmaninc.com/clutchtips.html

Belts
The Yamaha 8DN belt is very hard and has a high amount of slipping, which will create heat and loss of acceleration. (The only "good" thing, is that it will last forever). Harder is not better for performance. We use a Dayco Ultimax that is softer, this enabling us to get the drive belt to the top of the Secondary Sheaves on the driven clutch. Dayco has a one year warranty. Buy "two" and you have a lifetime supply of belts. Read the back of the belt sleeve, less slipping is "Free Horsepower".

my good buddy dan fisher,witch is a two-time mod ice drag sled national champ told to run dayco-3,he still using one that is 3yrs old,mine has about 2200mi,still banging 126mph....wow what a rush!! :Rockon:

Back