• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best skis / carbides for trail riding???

I have the 5.7 pilots and bergstrom triple points and they work great. If you have rode a Doo xp and like the easy steering it isn't as good as that but way better than stock.

I'll second that! 5.7 are the best $240 I've ever spent. I just did 900 miles in the Gaspe and with stock carbides they made me feel like i was on a different sled. They did push just a tad in the looser snow in corners but still very controlled. Never darted and tracked perfectly. Everyone who rode my sled said it was a pleasure to ride.

I went with the Simmons Flexi-Ski. Rides like a dream now. Floats in powder. No more sinking like stock skis. On the trail-- If it is hard packed, steers a little hard but doesn't bother me because the sled RAILS. Haven't gotten a chance to ride in soft trails yet but I think they will bite pretty good. No more darting and tracks straight as an arrow. I have to say they have been the best improvement so far for me. And this is all on the stock 4 inch carbides that came with the skis.

OEM skis with Bergstrom shims, ski savers and triple point carbides. Carves on ice like on rails, no darting. All for $120, sure beats $240 for new skis given that you already paid for the OEM's.

thank you, i will be doing that here early summer time.
Im gonna run the stockers now since the trails are melting, that way i dont destroy the good ones right away. Ill be putting them on my wifes phazer as well.

Back