• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boggie Wheel bearings

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
I need 6 bearings, just bearings is that possible to buy just the bearing? 6004 make sense? Anybody?

Copied this from one of my previous posts.
canadianhunter wrote:
WE use 6205 and 6004 from National Bearing. They are snowmobile bearings with cold weather seals and syn. grease, paid about $3.50 each. Popped a couple of seals and they have lots of grease, more than any bearing that I've checked. Also for me they last the best even better than the blue NTN's.
I buy from Kinecor and they order the snowmobile bearings for me. Not sure if they are available in the US.

The name of the bearing is National Bearing sold by Wajax Industrial Components. Use to be Kinecor.
A bit more than I had posted. $4.38 each for snowmobile bearings = with special seal and cold weather grease.

STOP! Make sure you're getting the right bearings and not wasting your money.

6004 bearings are only for the rear axle.You'll likely need 6005 bearings for the smaller idlers and 6205 bearings for the upper carrier wheels. Make sure before you order.

Another thing to take a look at is if you are still on the original wheels. If you are, then you can't just replace the bearings. You'll have to buy new wheels.

......alright thanks for the heads up I will look into it. Everything else is ordered just the bearings left to get. Don't want to blow the rest of my budget on them.

It's standard 6004RS (locked on both sides) for the read Axel.
The rest is 6205 RS (locked on both sides)

Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is as long as the part# match up.

Have a look at any machine shop, auto shop, just a heads up check out pricing at Polaris or AC as well. Here in Norway Polaris have the lowest price on those bearings.

Murse, if you've had your sled since new and haven't changed out the wheels/bearings, then you most certainly will have to buy new wheels and bearings, as stock they were fused together and not serviceable. If you got your sled used, it's possible the previous owner changed out the wheels for different ones. For that, you'll have to investigate for sizes and bearing numbers yourself.

Attached is a pic of your mono suspension with the wheels. I've marked the size of the wheel and bearing number. If you are experiencing high slide wear, I'd recommend going with larger idler wheels...5 1/4" to 5 5/16" diameter. Royal Distributing sells a larger Kimpex wheel with bearing that's reasonable in price. It's on page 161...bottom right corner.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,001
On my 06 rage's with non changeable idler bearings I found that although the seals don't look like the are removeable THEY ARE. I have removed the seals from both sides, cleaned, greased and replaced a number of times.

Hey Grimm thanks a lot this helps huge. I did buy the sled used and the wheels have been changed and the bearings can come out I will investigate and see about bearing size and go from there. As for slide wear I have some sticking in icy conditions but I went 2 seasons on my current slides I don't really feel like it is an issue at this point with the DuPont hyfax.

What is the ID for the upper carrier bearings? I want to replace them on my LTX, they are replaceable and I don't want to drop 85 apiece on new ones. I think they are #45 on most microfiches.

Hello Guys and welcome to the site.
Would you please add Your location to Your user profile, site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

alaskan9974 said:
What is the ID for the upper carrier bearings? I want to replace them on my LTX, they are replaceable and I don't want to drop 85 apiece on new ones. I think they are #45 on most microfiches.

What year is your LTX? 2008 and 2009, I believe take 6205 bearings and according to the fiche, a 2010 LTX takes a 6005 bearing.

Back