• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost adjuster ?

tvec

Veteran
I have a boost adj. with a seperate tee to let vaccum through. I can not get it to adjust. It wants to run full boost and will not turn down. I think I have it hooked up wrong, but I have tried several different combinations with the tee in the lines but still can't get the boost to come down. Has anybody had any experence with these kind of boost controllers?

Attachments

• boost_2.jpg
    boost_2.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 87

How many pounds of boost is it running? What ever your wastegate is set at is the lowest boost you can run. The boost controller will only let it build more boost than whatever the gate is set to.

I want to run 15psi but it takes it to 18-19psi. I had a friends boost controller on it and could run at 15, but with this new controller it wants to run too high. I think I'm not hooking it up correct. The tee in the line is what I don't understand ..

Any manual boost controller inline will allow boost spikes. The more you try to turn it up, the worse it will get. Only a few electronic controllers will control it accurately. Why not shorten the rod to turn up boost? Or you could add an adjustable spring to pull on the wastegate for additional boost, this would prevent the boost spike.

I was just trying to be able to adj. boost for diff. conditions or letting my wife or son ride the machine. Does the tee in the pic. make any sense to you guys. The other controller I had did not have the inline tee. I tried to run without it hopeing the valve would adj. boost itself , but would only run 8-9psi.

tvec said:
I was just trying to be able to adj. boost for diff. conditions or letting my wife or son ride the machine. Does the tee in the pic. make any sense to you guys. The other controller I had did not have the inline tee. I tried to run without it hopeing the valve would adj. boost itself , but would only run 8-9psi.

I offer different wastegate for different ranges i.e. 8-10 12-14 16-18

This would be the right way to do this.

Manual Boost controllers are very dangerous and inconsistant.

I always recomend against them

You may ask Well then why to they sell them, the answer is because there is a market for them, not because they work right.

Ted.

I have a turboxs manual controler and when I get up to around 15 lbs ,It will go to 20 lbs, I gradually turn down until it works again and back up again. May be because the controller is getting hot by the rear mount turbo.

Thanks for the replys, I just got back from togwotee for a week of fun. Had a great time and the sled ran great as well. I put my other boost controller on that my friend had and everything worked great. Sounds like I need to get a different wastegate and run with that. Tvec

My Hallman pro manual boost controller works great. I don't see any boost spikes like the other guys are talking about. My .02 says don't waste your $$$ on electronic boost controllers unless you are already running on the edge.

wheeline said:
My Hallman pro manual boost controller works great. I don't see any boost spikes like the other guys are talking about. My .02 says don't waste your $$$ on electronic boost controllers unless you are already running on the edge.

Yea same here! :Rockon:

Hallman controller.

I am having problems with my hallman. It turns itself up over time! Can be risky! Gonna check may be rubbing on frame plastic piece? Does heat effect thema as mine is mounted 4 inches from my rearmount turbo! Cant get it to stay at 11 lbs. Creeps to 14 after two rides. :exc:

Re: Hallman controller.

youngster66 said:
I am having problems with my hallman. It turns itself up over time! Can be risky! Gonna check may be rubbing on frame plastic piece? Does heat effect thema as mine is mounted 4 inches from my rearmount turbo! Cant get it to stay at 11 lbs. Creeps to 14 after two rides. :exc:

If you are having a problem with a Hallman boost controller I may be of some assitance, give me a call. 203-753-7223

We are a Hallman distributor/Dealer

Back