• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost Controllers

TurboVector

Expert
Which boost controllers are people using? I'm trying to decide which one to put on this year so I can turn up the boost and run race gas.

Part # R07-100-RNAA from Norgen....17 bucks and like 5 for the bracket. If you were to buy a HKS manual boost controller for 60 bucks, this is what you get.

I used that Turbosmart boost tee last season and had a problem with it sticking shut (boost end up off the guage at 20 !!! Rank but scary) So did anyone else run it ? I had it mounted right at the back of the sled close to the turbo and am wondering if that is why I had a problem. It would have been easy to mount under the hood but would have meant long hoses(rear mount) I really like the idea of the controller as it takes the pressure off the wastegate rod and is easily adjusted if required. Your feedback appreciated.

Attachments

• Picture 083.jpg
    Picture 083.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 086.jpg
    Picture 086.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 69
slymax said:
I used that Turbosmart boost tee last season and had a problem with it sticking shut (boost end up off the guage at 20 !!! Rank but scary) So did anyone else run it ? I had it mounted right at the back of the sled close to the turbo and am wondering if that is why I had a problem. It would have been easy to mount under the hood but would have meant long hoses(rear mount) I really like the idea of the controller as it takes the pressure off the wastegate rod and is easily adjusted if required. Your feedback appreciated.

I used 1/4" flexable copper tubing. Hoses tend to get restricted in a run like that under the seat. ;)!

The problem wasn't hoses but a problem with the ball actually corroding and sticking in the seat. I suspect moisture got in (snow - go figure) and caused the problem. I also tried it mounted facing the other way up after it kept getting packed with snow. I like the idea of having it under the hood but am concerned about what effect adding 8-10 feet of hose between the wastegate and turbo may have. instructions said to mount as close to wastegate as possible and I had min within a foot.

I had the same problem with my Turbosmart

It is a bleed orfice style and the bleed orfice hole was freezing up. What I did that made it better but didn't totally solve it was run stainless line to the turbosmart from the compressor outlet but ran it over the turbine side to heat the air. This kept it from frezzing in all bu the most extreme cold powder days. I was going to run an extra loop this year for more heat but I moved my turbo up under the gas tank instead.

Gonna try the turbosmart again as I have to turn down the boost. :o| Just made a new bracket for it tonight, shouldn't have as much problem with this new location. Finally found time to finish up and fire her up....sounds sweet. Reverse in tomorrow.

Back