• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

boost gauge ????

there is a outlet on the back of your intercooler facing your carbs, thats the one I used it is also the right size or you could use any of the outlets on the bottom of the intercooler

If this is a carbed sled you can also connect it using the nipples on the engine side of the carbs. Connect to the nipples on intake 1-4 or 2-3 and add a tee T for the line coming from the boost meter. This way you will measure the boost that goes into the engine.

rxrider said:
If this is a carbed sled you can also connect it using the nipples on the engine side of the carbs. Connect to the nipples on intake 1-4 or 2-3 and add a tee T for the line coming from the boost meter. This way you will measure the boost that goes into the engine.

Boost is a measurement of the pressure NOT getting into the engine :tg:

You must use a liquid filled or the cheapo's just fall apart. I am running an Autometer Pro comp but I have been thinking of going to a digital one. The Liquidfilled has to climitize each time you come outside. So the boost maybe off. I am going to try either an AEM or a dakota digital boost gauge this year. Both are digital units wiht a sending unit.

I ran autometer's phantom series gauge last winter and had no problem even if it not liquid filled..

Is this should happen I'll go liquid filled next time!

Good info on the digital I'll be staying away! My Phantom lasted 2 weekends of trail riding and it was done. The liquid filled worked for me.

Travis Moore said:
rxrider said:

this is an apex fuel injected. so do i need to t into intercooler or can i tap into vaccum lines behind the f/e rail? the port off the bottom of the intercooler is used for the mpi efi controller. still confused as to where exactly to tap in.

Travis Moore said:
rxrider said:

You're right, it measures the pressure of the air/fuel charge (using my suggestion on plumbing) waiting for somewhere to go at that position in the intake system, :) Am I close? :) :drink: ;)! :drink: Thanks for putting it straight ;)! :tg: :drink:

obile said:
Travis Moore said:
rxrider said:

this is an apex fuel injected. so do i need to t into intercooler or can i tap into vaccum lines behind the f/e rail? the port off the bottom of the intercooler is used for the mpi efi controller. still confused as to where exactly to tap in.

If I remember it right, we did tap into that line behind the IC/fuel rail when we installed a MCXpress kit on a friends Apex last year. I still have the installation manual in my garage. I can check what line we tapped it into as the boost meter was a part of the 2006 mcxpress apex turbo kit. Anyone with mcxpress installed on their Apex or Attak remember this, please chime in.

Put it behind the carbs or the throttle bodies, there is pressure drop across every hose, clamp, intercooler, carbs, maybe not alot, but there is a drop in pressure.

Back