• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost is great, gas mileage not so much

Ill wrap the can in heat tape if need be.... im not worried about looks... just needs to be functional... thanks though!

Anybody know where to get the turnouts??

Tall gearing you've got there :) When trailriding my turbo (it's not happening very often) I will get 110-120 miles out of a tank of fuel. I now have the REV tank, I may be able to push it a bit further :)
Out in the mountains or in the deep, well that's another story, it takes fuel to make high boost and big power LOL. I run 25 tooth top.

It is tall... I went with the recommendation of the dealer.... It still pulls hard in the mid range... put the top end feels as though it gives up a bit. I think its a lil to much gear and not letting my clutches shift out all the way.... I am going to drop to the 25 and try it.

You can get turnouts from Yamaha, or at half price at your local muffler shop - like i did. ;)!

What caddies are you planning to use?
Have you seen the Mountain Addiction Trackrack?
I am using the trackrack on mine and it works very well.

Dimebag said:
You can get turnouts from Yamaha, or at half price at your local muffler shop - like i did. ;)!

What caddies are you planning to use?
Have you seen the Mountain Addiction Trackrack?
I am using the trackrack on mine and it works very well.

Good point... I will look into that.

Dont have any specific plans yet for the caddie.... need to find something that you can still see my tail light with.... I really dont want to move it if I can help it. Im going to look up Mountain addiction.... Thanks!!

With a 25 gear you still need more than 300 HP to run out of gear, at 330 HP I hit the wall at 152 mph on speedo in less than 2000 ft.

rxrider said:
With a 25 gear you still need more than 300 HP to run out of gear, at 330 HP I hit the wall at 152 mph on speedo in less than 2000 ft.

Interesting.... maybe Ill go back to the 24. I am going to have do some more testing...

Are you offshoe drilling for oil?
Hope you find more of it prices have gone up lately with oil at $100 a barrel for Brent Crude and $90 or so for WTI Crude.

rxrider said:
Are you offshoe drilling for oil?
Hope you find more of it prices have gone up lately with oil at $100 a barrel for Brent Crude and $90 or so for WTI Crude.

Ya... Im on a rig in the Gulf of Mexico. Our government is making it very hard for us since the BP incident. :crap:

Keep drilling buddy, I'll tell my fellow Norwegian drillers to do the same :) We're one of the largest exporters of oil and natural gas in the world and help out what we can to keep oil prices on a sane level. We're not a member of OPEC :)

For sure... thats how I pay the bills!! (and how I pay for boost) :Rockon:

Hahahaha on the boosted part, I work for the local government running our computer and network systems, and on my spare time I run Turbogarasjen.com installing turbo's on Yamaha's and Ski-Doo's - btw I'm just working on a MCX'ed Doo right these days, it will run Friday evening :)

I read a few of your threads and builds... great stuff.... impressive I must say. Look forward to seeing the doo results.... big boost??

TurboMatt said:
Roest said:
That's the great part about turbos. You can be riding down the trail at 50 mph at zero boost.

I wish, When I'm running down the trail at 50-60mph my sled holds a pretty constant 3-5psi of boost with my turbo, just drinking fuel like there is no tomarrow.

My stage 2 S.C. is the same..when with my wife..on trails.when I go over 70mph it starts to suck gas.Running 14 psi on pump 94 with stock pistons.have run race gas at 18 psi sealevel..no problems..just heat..the only time I see any heat is when on the trails..It just shows you how hard trail ridding..( raceing )is on a turbo or S.C. sled.they get hot..my 2 cents
:nos

Back