• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake - Soft at times???

putz21

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'23 Sidewinder LTX LE w/EPS
‘19 Sidewinder LTX SE
I noticed on my ride today a few different times that when I went to grab the brake, it seemed very soft and after pumping quickly, it brought the pressure back up right away. This would happen very sporadically on the ride. Majority of the time it would have normal pressure and then others, just real soft....but after a quick pump the pressure would be right back normal. I never put my parking brake on either other than just changing belts.

Does this seem normal?

If the disc is warped, or slop in the shaft and bearing they can do this. My 2012 Cat turbo was awful at doing it after a hi-speed run. Took a good two-three pumps to have brakes. My Winder only had this once last season after the bearing started spinning on the front drive shaft again. Installed the BOP wedge for this season and hopeful its gone again when it hits the snow.

Hmmmm. I installed the BOP wedge flush with the shaft before the start of the season and now have 3 rides in and about 250 miles so far. Weird that I just noticed this on today's ride. Hopefully it goes away.

Back