• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broke down sidewinder

Not sure what climatology has to do with it, so yes I blame them.

Relocation of the relays to a warm spot on the sled won’t do squat for sleds that don’t even start.

The relays are extremely cheap and under size for their amperage rating and they don’t work in cold weather. Best bet is to buy 5 new ones and swap them out. Some relays won’t pull in during cold weather while others will. It’s a manufacturing tolerance on the relays gap. Some are tighter than others, when you find a good one you won’t have anymore issues.
Climatology tells them its not worth their effort and they figure we will forget all about come early Spring. I know we want to blame the relays but the relays on my Doo 1200 are the exact same relays that are on my Sidewinder. I'm thinking the location has plenty to do with this problem. There is way more snow and ice around the Yamaha location and I think it's gets more condensation in that location. I bet the condensation is the real problem here. I carried spare relays for my Nytro and 1200 that were the same relays for both. I never needed them on the 1200 but I did on my Nytro. The best part was the cover where the relays were on the nytro was all covered in ice.

Oh could be, but they are sealed and I had a problem when I first bought my sled, changed out the relay and never had another problem. If it were a freezing issue from condensation I would think anything below 30 degrees and it wouldn’t work? Mine only had a problem below zero. I guess it could be some of the relays are not well sealed.

Ok so will the wiring reach over to clutch side? I have CAI now so lots of room over there.

I like this idea more for the fact I can simply open side panel, and swap out a relay in seconds to get going on COLD AM. Being up in nose, plastics needs to come off making it an extra step or two.

Now that its warmer then hell again, none of this will even matter....

Looks like trailering will become the norm even in snowbelts where I have rode my entire life. Seasons just get shorter and shorter. Crappy sport to be passionate about. We are an odd bunch here. lol

Dan

Ok so will the wiring reach over to clutch side? I have CAI now so lots of room over there.

I like this idea more for the fact I can simply open side panel, and swap out a relay in seconds to get going on COLD AM. Being up in nose, plastics needs to come off making it an extra step or two.

Now that its warmer then hell again, none of this will even matter....

Looks like trailering will become the norm even in snowbelts where I have rode my entire life. Seasons just get shorter and shorter. Crappy sport to be passionate about. We are an odd bunch here. lol

Dan
Minus 15 tonight up here and the temp is dropping. We have about 3ft of snow. Been sledding since Oct 30th. Even though I'm only supposed to be up here for 3 years, I don't ever want to go back to the Muskoka area (the wife is none too pleased at that suggestion). High school kids up here drive their sleds to school every day- how cool is that?? The true north is the only place to live if you want to pursue this sport.

Nation's Capital, I just drove to work in pouring rain with lightning all about in the sky :(. It's -11 right now with rain (ice) and it's supposed to go to +7 today. We get snow but then it pours and melts it all away......

Yeah, we used to be able to count on winters here.....Growing up muskoka was the sledding hub and always massive snow depths. Seems like every winter we are waiting for more snow or more cold. Its not like we dont have any, we do. Its just that this area needs a fair amt of snowpack with our terrain, to build up the trail system. And when these thaws come and stay for so long it just kills us.

And less then 2 hrs north of me has got pounded with snow, QC here I come!

Yeah, we used to be able to count on winters here.....Growing up muskoka was the sledding hub and always massive snow depths. Seems like every winter we are waiting for more snow or more cold. Its not like we dont have any, we do. Its just that this area needs a fair amt of snowpack with our terrain, to build up the trail system. And when these thaws come and stay for so long it just kills us.

And less then 2 hrs north of me has got pounded with snow, QC here I come!
Where was that?

Do you ever check the Qc trail sites? I have been constantly, and they are all wide open GREEN from Temiscaming up to Val-d'or......Some of the best trails, and where you unload is only 2 hrs north of me here, just NE of North Bay.

http://www.abitibi-temiscamingue-tourism.org/snowmobile/trail-conditions/

Dan

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg

Been to Val-do'r last two weekends
They have got the last two storms , where here those two storms were rain....they got snow.

Its about a 200 mile ride from the unload point in Temiscaming to Val-d'or , so its a good day ride to the hotel forestelle.

Dan

The Town of Manitouwadge motto is “Come Play in The Extreme “. The closest OFSC trails are 50kms south of town, well groomed and barely touched by users. Or you go north from town to Hwy 11 and Geraldton and pick up the OFSC trail to Cochrane. Also, Miles and miles and miles of snow covered logging roads that these Winders chew up.

If you can find solid state relays with the proper pin layout, proper amp ratings and coil pull in voltage it might be worth a try. No moving parts in a solid state relay.

Back