• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broke My Sled in Half

Ditch Banger

Well, I did it. I managed to break my new phazer in half this weekend (good thing it was the end of the season). I was jumping the hell out of it off of a large drift located at the top of a hill. A 15 foot drop later and about a 20 foot launch and presto, I have a 12" crack on both sides of the bulkhead. I do not know if it was the landing or the fact that I have maybe eaten to many cheeseburgers this year (230 lbs). But either way she is broke and I need help! I know that this is my fault and Yamaha will not warrenty it. So does anyone have the front bulkhead for a phazer or know where I can get one.

Please Help! :drink:

if u play ur cards right u might be able to get it warentied. what ever u say dont say u were jumping it. say u were riding a real rough trail and cased a whoop. if ur lucky and the dealer and rep are having a good day u might get lucky. its always worth a try. other then that it might be hard to find use pices seeing how the sled isnt that old of a modle and not many people have crashed or blew motors and if they did blow a motor its mostliky was under warenty. u could always check with selvage yards like www.alssnowmobile.com they are pretty big

Are you talking the tubelar front bulkhead??? If so, I have a used one that is slightly bent, but could be easily straightened and reinforced. Let me know. I know they are a pricey part, but I would sell resonable, since you will need to do a little tweeking on it, if in fact this is the piece you need???

Vmax4 said:
Are you talking the tubelar front bulkhead??? If so, I have a used one that is slightly bent, but could be easily straightened and reinforced. Let me know. I know they are a pricey part, but I would sell resonable, since you will need to do a little tweeking on it, if in fact this is the piece you need???

These are the actual components that I broke, it was not the tubular frame that broke but the support panels. I talked to my dealer today and they are $500.00 per side, plus the rivets and the bearings. It is going to be an expensive lesson, that I am more then likely not going to learn from. I'm not going to lie; I would probably do it again, but maybe after I lost a few pounds.

Thanks Though.

Attachments

• Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 160
The bulkhead castings correct. LazyBastard has been telling people to weld them then reinforce with plates. I will alert him to this thread.

Back