• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

buying a used sidewinder

ok great thats stuff i was wondering about, i was sold on colour rite away, will i need to do the permanent top gear fix to a 21? or did they improve the chain case
You can either get the dmc top gear which I understand is working well, or change the top gear bushing about every 6-8000kms. Double check the roller tensioner bolts, but it seems they have been loctiting these better from the factory lately.

You can either get the dmc top gear which I understand is working well, or change the top gear bushing about every 6-8000kms. Double check the roller tensioner bolts, but it seems they have been loctiting these better from the factory lately.
LOL.. posted at the same time! ;)!

ok thanks i would just replace n put dmc and tac weld the bolts, thanks i think im gonna get er, its a long drive to this dealer in quebec but there is nothing in ontario,again thanks for info

View attachment 161126 View attachment 161125 View attachment 161125 View attachment 161126
I wish I could say same about my skid :( . Those pro cross chassis are not on same fit / finish with Skidoo that’s for sure I don’t know about Polaris sleds . None of my riding buddies with their Doo’s have this much corrosion on theirs ‘16-‘20 sleds. Mine also has rusted rivets on front and tail light assembly. I’m not impressed with quality of finish, not even 5k on sled yet, and I always keep it in enclosed trailer.
Could the enclosed trailer have a lot of condensation, my 15 year old apex looks better than that, but stays in the garage

ok thanks i would just replace n put dmc and tac weld the bolts, thanks i think im gonna get er, its a long drive to this dealer in quebec but there is nothing in ontario,again thanks for info
DMC gear and shift fork pads is money well spent, on my 20 the stock top gear bushing was shot at 3400 km and that was with 16 oz of oil from 0 km on sled and chain tension checked at every 1000 km to 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 turns out.
Last weekend I opened up the chain case to see how the DMC bushing is holding up and it’s tight as the day I put it on, also the shift pads look like new.

Last edited:
well i didnt get the new one in quebec, another one closer poped up, and i grabed it today, 2021 xtx se, 300 kms on it basically new, i try to post a pic but says its to large?

well i didnt get the new one in quebec, another one closer poped up, and i grabed it today, 2021 xtx se, 300 kms on it basically new, i try to post a pic but says its to large?
Just get a photo Resizer app and down size the picture to around 1080, works like a charm.

Or better yet just use Windows Snipping Tool and save the image you snipped and then use it to post; will be much smaller in size. ;)!

AF5819AB-56AB-4DD1-86D8-B3B9A70A7F33.jpeg
54C8C828-3F9C-4D20-8EDF-929027BB159C.jpeg
5431272E-8071-4215-AA1C-83C18752FFE0.jpeg

thanks , ya i wanted a orange one a 17 or 21 im happy i went with the 21, i live in southern ontario do most riding there but dnow has bin limited, we usually go once a year to northern michigan but couldn't cross the border this year because of covid

You can also send yourself an email with the attached pic and choose Size Medium, when it asks what size before it gets sent!

I thought se models have fox float shocks. I see reservoirs on the front. Someone add them or is this stock for this year ?

Back