• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

buying a used sidewinder

HABS 1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex gt,136 Hartman ext,dalton clutched,full excel exhaust,yamiheaters,cna pro ex white skis,hid lights,mtx riser,1.5 intense track,etc,etc!---2021 sidewinder xtx se
hey, iv had an apex for 13 years now has bin bullet proof i mean stone cold reliable,but i did alot of the apex fixes to get it that way, iv made the decision im going to buy a used winder, can anyone tell me common problems, what to look for? i know nothing about em other than to replace top gear with dmx kit?in chain case, i want a 1 3/4 track no studs, either a 137 141 or 146, the year dont much matter other than colour choices, so are some years better than others? are the suspensions way different from a 137 to 141?

There's a million threads on here about the common issues with the Winders. A quick search will reveal. I don't think i can stomach another one!LOL

You're making the right choice! you won't regret it. I still have my 06" Attak. Had to ride it for a spell last month, couldn't wait to get back on the Winder!

I suggest you look over the FAQ's and the Sticky's back on the home Sidewinder page for starters and like i mentioned there's probly a weeks worth of reading to get caught up on all the posts on this topic.

yes thanks i just seen that sticky n bin readin the common problems, thanks, good to know about the 141 track! the one im currently lookin at is a 17 orange one, its gotva 1 3/4 back country, said clutches were machined and driveshaft machine n welded , got c&a skis fox vol shocks nd a hurricane muffler with a 330 flash, and all the stuff to support it , so it sounds to me like he has allready took care of some things

Bronze bush top gear
Tack weld chain case roller
Peen & lock tight bearing behind brake rotor
57-58 mm offset on clutches
Remove Rollover check valve on oil tank breather
All of which can be fixed over 4-5 days after work , Rest of the sled is good

OK first of all Hurricane doesn't have a 330 flash, but if its the 325 flash that sled has ALLOT of hardware in it! You are in for a big surprise if that's the case. That sled is going to be a handful power wise. You're looking at thousands of $$ in upgrades on that sled

sorry percision efi stage 3r kit with everything to support it, the muffler is hurricane

If this sled truly is a Hurricane 325 Total boost system tuned Winder than I'm sure the clutches are dialed in and sounds like the shaft has been flash welded so you should be good to go other than the common wear items. How many miles?

OK that's a huge difference as I am not familiar with PEFI. 3r is a much more mild tune. PM sent

ok, 3700 miles, that percision flash is quite expensive i just looked it up, wow, but his price is allso a little higher for a 17, i basilly liked the fact it has the larger track i really wasnt after a flash deal

I just sold a 17 with a TD powertrail. Turbo force muffler 2.5”. BOV. 911 cover and lots of upgrades in maintenance. 11750 miles and I assure you mine was the cleanest looking sled you would ever see @that mileage. Great sleds. 17 were very good.

Back