• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can i run 0w-30 mobile one

Re: Dont shoot the messenger

LuvMyWarrior said:
I had a dealer tell me that he has had to replace three apex motors this year as they were running mobil 1 oil. Something about it doesn't play well with the oil pump on the apex. He also said not to use an oil that is energy conserving and that mobil 1 is a great car oil but is not designed for what a snowmobile engine endures. I run Yamalube 0w-40 full syn. I might be getting ripped off but the peace of mind to me is worth it and also know that if I have engine problems I wont have to hassle with problem of using mobil 1.
Thats nonsense !
I wouldnt do it but you can run normal 5w30 and im sure their would no problems.
In fact my dealer's mechanic told me on the side that since they only deal with mostly newer four stroke engines that are very reliable they make sure people pay major $$$ for oil and filter changes to offset the lack of work they have unlike brp, polaris, ect..
I change my own oil now but my dealer was putting in semie synthectic oil in my machine for the first 2 oil changes i had done and im sure that stuff was inferior to mobile1.

Attachments

• Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 281
Run 0-20 Redline. Quicker revving more hp and better protection and film strength than most other 0-30's. I have been using this for 3 years without an issue and no oil usage. We just switched my friends 11 SE over to it and it runs great!!!

quebec#1 said:
LuvMyWarrior said:
I had a dealer tell me that he has had to replace three apex motors this year as they were running mobil 1 oil. Something about it doesn't play well with the oil pump on the apex. He also said not to use an oil that is energy conserving and that mobil 1 is a great car oil but is not designed for what a snowmobile engine endures. I run Yamalube 0w-40 full syn. I might be getting ripped off but the peace of mind to me is worth it and also know that if I have engine problems I wont have to hassle with problem of using mobil 1.
Thats nonsense !I wouldnt do it but you can run normal 5w30 and im sure their would no problems.
In fact my dealer's mechanic told me on the side that since they only deal with mostly newer four stroke engines that are very reliable they make sure people pay major $$$ for oil and filter changes to offset the lack of work they have unlike brp, polaris, ect..
I change my own oil now but my dealer was putting in semie synthectic oil in my machine for the first 2 oil changes i had done and im sure that stuff was inferior to mobile1.

I agree.
Does his dealership have big windows?? Meaning he see's you coming?

That dealer is full of it, ask to speak to the owners of those sleds and see what he says or how much he squirms.

Personally I am not a big fan of Niche companies like Royal, I try to stick to known well established companies who I can look up UOA (used oil analysis) like bob is the oil guy .com (www.bitog.com) on that site you can see for yourself what it good oil and what is over hyped boutiqe oils.

LuvMyWarrior said:

That is a bunch of BS! Don't listen to that dealer anymore..... :die

A poster here said we don't have motor cyle style wet clutches so energy conserving oils are o.k. It that right?
That manual must be a misprint. Check the latest ones and I bet they've corrected it.

Manual says 0w-30. The full synthetic Yamaha 0w-40 is believed to be a little thinner as most synthetics are. BTW your dealer is an idiot. My group has OVER 100,000 miles using 0w-30 Mobil. Not ONE engine problem. Alot of good oils out there, just i get Mobil in gallon jugs at K-MART for really good price...

i run mobile 1 0-30 since break in and never had a problem,there's
1500 miles since last change its just starting to look a little darker.
Don't listen to the dealers,there about making money.
I had the dealer tell me not to use syn because you wont wear
in the motor right.
witch means it will take to long to wear out and i can't sell you new sled
in 2 years.

Back