• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Federal Court Outlaws Sales Of AC Procross Sleds in Canada

don't worry...all were probably made in Chynah (china)...all this stimulas money so we can buy Chinese products....we're screwed...
Pretty much a world wide shut down of manufacturing supply chain interruptions everywhere. Ugh! Who knows what substitutions are being used.

seems like all the stores have products that say made in china...harbor freight, tractor supply, Home Depot, Lowes....the list goes on and on...not to mention food products also...pet food...we have an appetite for cheap stuff the breaks so fast that we pretty much have to go back to the china store and buy another cheap product...that's called a substitution...same china crap...I'd happily pay more for a Canadian, German, Japanese and most of all American product...better built stuff generally and our money spent isn't used against us...last Chinese product sent over is what is killing too many of us, our jobs and economy..at least the frames we have been using are ours ...no matter who owns the patent.

Update on the Cat forum regarding the Doo and Cat lawsuit. It is now an all out war between Doo and Cat but not with regards to the lawsuit. The war is who is best and why Cat or Doo is better.
Why Doo fans are such a presence on a Cat forum? who knows

In my local CDN dealer this morning and they have NOT been told to stop selling any sleds.

Yep.
A fellow Cat rider called our local dealer in Southern Ontario and got the same response

Vmax don't kid your self there is a few Doo fans trolling on Totally Yamaha also.

Update on the Cat forum regarding the Doo and Cat lawsuit. It is now an all out war between Doo and Cat but not with regards to the lawsuit. The war is who is best and why Cat or Doo is better.
Why Doo fans are such a presence on a Cat forum? who knows
We have that issue here on TY also (Doo trolls)

Pretty much a world wide shut down of manufacturing supply chain interruptions everywhere. Ugh! Who knows what substitutions are being used.

Locally, there have been some interesting "side-effects" from the shut down of manufacturing and lack of supply.

I wanted to upgrade to a newer Yamaha 4-stroke outboard. I went to my dealer and he had one in stock, but he would not even talk about doing a trade on my old motor (a 13 yr old Yamaha 4-stroke). He quoted list price PLUS a $1,300 "swapover" fee just for changing engines over. He told me, "Honestly, you will be better off keeping your old engine." His explanation was that the only engines they were getting this year were the ones that they already had in stock. Effectively, he can pretty much charge what he wants, and get it.

On the ATV side, as of 3 weeks ago, our local Polaris/Yamaha dealer was virtually sold out of ATV's & UTV's. He stocks a huge inventory, but he told us that he had just had the best two sales months ever, and he had no idea when he would get more inventory. We were looking to upgrade our grandson's 4 wheeler, and he had one Polaris and 2 Yamahas that fit the bill. He told us they would all be gone by the end of the day. (Ya I know, the oldest sales trick in the book!) We put money down on the Yamaha, and when we came to pick it up the next business day, the other two were long gone.

He was optimistic that the COVID crises would not effect availability of new sleds next winter!

Locally, there have been some interesting "side-effects" from the shut down of manufacturing and lack of supply.

I wanted to upgrade to a newer Yamaha 4-stroke outboard. I went to my dealer and he had one in stock, but he would not even talk about doing a trade on my old motor (a 13 yr old Yamaha 4-stroke). He quoted list price PLUS a $1,300 "swapover" fee just for changing engines over. He told me, "Honestly, you will be better off keeping your old engine." His explanation was that the only engines they were getting this year were the ones that they already had in stock. Effectively, he can pretty much charge what he wants, and get it.

On the ATV side, as of 3 weeks ago, our local Polaris/Yamaha dealer was virtually sold out of ATV's & UTV's. He stocks a huge inventory, but he told us that he had just had the best two sales months ever, and he had no idea when he would get more inventory. We were looking to upgrade our grandson's 4 wheeler, and he had one Polaris and 2 Yamahas that fit the bill. He told us they would all be gone by the end of the day. (Ya I know, the oldest sales trick in the book!) We put money down on the Yamaha, and when we came to pick it up the next business day, the other two were long gone.

He was optimistic that the COVID crises would not effect availability of new sleds next winter!
its not that hard to take an engine off a boat...id be happy to do it for $300...$1200 is outrageous. all you really need is some wrenches, a hoist, ...if I can do it anyone can, I took off a 200hpMercury off my transom to replace trim tilt hydraulics. I'm the guy who doesn't know the difference between a primary from the secondary. The dealer may be giving you some good advise...new engines are expensive.
Today I went to an Evinrude dealer, my brother asked about a new 90hp etc...out the door price $10.6k...I can't imagine what a 200hp would cost.

We have that issue here on TY also (Doo trolls)

Hey OCD I think he’s talking about you!

FB2C0D1C-CE0C-4B3B-9045-7E4263C3CEA4.gif

Hey OCD I think he’s talking about you!

View attachment 155673
Nope, not at all. Steve with OCD has been open and honest, and a hoot to follow. Not like a certain person who has constantly bashed Yamaha, steered others towards Doo and can give to shits about members/Yamaha on this site. JMHO

Nope, not at all. Steve with OCD has been open and honest, and a hoot to follow. Not like a certain person who has constantly bashed Yamaha, steered others towards Doo and can give to shits about members/Yamaha on this site. JMHO

Just trying to get OCD back in the conversation! I say he’s a troll
:beer:

I know CLUTCHMAN is breaking my balls.
Unfortunately there are TROLLS on every site.
I've been called a lot of things including calling myself a Moron for forgetting to bring my shoes to work.
That's right! I went ALL the way to work this morning with NO shoes!

Now would a Troll admit to being a moron & NOT bringing his shoes to work?

I rest my case...........Moron yes............Troll no

P.S: This is the 3rd time i went ALL the way to work with NO shoes.............Bosses love me. I make them laugh

I know CLUTCHMAN is breaking my balls.
Unfortunately there are TROLLS on every site.
I've been called a lot of things including calling myself a Moron for forgetting to bring my shoes to work.
That's right! I went ALL the way to work this morning with NO shoes!

Now would a Troll admit to being a moron & NOT bringing his shoes to work?

I rest my case...........Moron yes............Troll no

P.S: This is the 3rd time i went ALL the way to work with NO shoes.............Bosses love me. I make them laugh

Cause; strippers and cocaine!
:hide:

Back