• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Canadian Vs. US Pricing - They've Done it again......

This is f'n ridiculous!

- My buddy owns a dealership up here and offers me a nice discount, I have an order of a few things, some balljoints, and small odds and ends. Problem is - even with the discount his total price is roughly 450 vs 290 online! Once I add shipping and import it Im sure it will be around 350, but its still craziness that I cant give my buddy the business, and have to get stuff shipped from the US for far less.

I heard that they asked the new CEO of Target Canada about the US / Canada price difference and he listed a whole bunch of things (distribution / taxes / tarrifs, etc) that he said added up to an extra 14% on average. When Kevin O'Leary was asked to comment on that he said that if a retailer says 14% it is probably actually 9% and they are skimming 5% because they can. Still doesn't explain why Canadians pay more for items made in Canada, or why we can get items shipped here from the US much cheaper than buying here.

Irv said:
One of the biggest reasons is, us CDN's just take it :o|

Seen a show on W5 once about gas price differences and in it, the spokesperson for said company said exactly that, that CDN's are not vocal enough so they can get away with charging us more :o|

Yes seen the same program I think they said Canadians are used to paying more so they just continue to charge more. Only way to fight it is to continue to complain. I buy Yami parts from the US at near half price. Even after shipping its a huge savings. Hurts the dealers but Yami Canada is the bad guy not me!

Back