• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb Sync

When I did mine the float level was way off carb to carb. The actual butterfly sync was pretty close. Then I did a customers sled it was just the reverse. So much for consistancy.

Hey True Blue, I had mine done just after my first oil change, same output, better running, no gear noise, and better acceleration.

I can ubderstand how having the carbs in sync would make the sled run better, but I can't understand how it would have any effect on the gear noise.

I have mine idleing at 1900, sounds good, always starts right up, and has great throttle response. The higher the rpm, the noise goes away.

Once the reduction gears are loaded the noise goes away. Just as if the engine is not idling completely smooth they will make more noise. That is just the nature of a straight cut gear. The advantage of the straight cut gear is that they are stronger than a helical cut gear,which runs quieter. 8)

Back