• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Castle X Helmts!

So got to ride with new helmet week ago up in Houghton. Really like the helmet and features but really had too much air flow for my liking. Seemed most was coming underneath from chin area. Chin and face we're getting frozen. Temp was in 20's so wasn't like it was bitter cold either. Played around trying get better seal with jacket, baclava but still cold. Seems they went to a vented chin screen this year, sure it was because of fogging complaints. Well that doesn't work for me.
Stopped in local dealer looking new baclava and or neck warmer to try make helmet work better. Well start looking at wall of cx950's and noticed some have a solid chin curtain. Asked if they could order one and weren't sure. Can order a replacement but they weren't sure which style would come. So they stole one off the helmet on shelf for me!!!
Hope this works better!!

Here few pics showing difference. Would think they would offer both as option.

IMG_20171229_124208380-1180x2098.jpg IMG_20171229_124212488-1180x2098.jpg IMG_20171229_144419945-1180x2098.jpg .

Yeah your right, higher windshield would help.
But solid curtain does actually cover my chin where vented one was shorter. I'll report back when I get another ride in. I did buy a neck warmer to try help too, especially when it's cold out like now.

Yeah your right, higher windshield would help.
But solid curtain does actually cover my chin where vented one was shorter. I'll report back when I get another ride in. I did buy a neck warmer to try help too, especially when it's cold out like now.

Sounds great!! Keep us all posted.

First off I am 50 yo. Been riding since I was 10. Currently I ride around 2,500-3,500 miles a year in Michigan So, here is my question. What advantage does the visor type and open face helmets have to offer? I ride with a good ole HJ C full face with heated shield. I have tried open face and goggles, way to cold. I have tried flip face FXR, way to weak and cheap. I have tried a visor type full face, but the angle of the chin allowed to much air in. So, I ask again, what are the advantages of these types of helmets? I don’t care about style. I want safety and warmth.

So I bought one of these with electric shield a friend of mine bought the same helmet too for another one after looking mine over and is both liking the look and feel of it. Today was the first real test and right now both of us are very dissatisfied we're forked over the expensive price for this helmet. I'm coming off a bv2s for the last few years and I didn't like the weight of the helmet.
So the conditions were 0 degrees farenheit and a little dusty following riders
first off the heated shield cord that attaches to the helmet kept falling off just from turning my head. And is very hard to find to plug back in with the helmet on. Once the heated shield cord would fall off it would start to frost almost immediately because of the temperature.
I was using a balaclava over my moth and nose cause of the temp and there is so much air rolling through this helmet and it was so cold it was causing my eyes to water. I switched with another person in our group who had a bv2s and there was nowhere near if any air coming through. Both of us had the same complaints with the helmet

Mine is sitting on my shelf as well. It'll be fine for warmer weather but just can't take the air flow coming in when its cold. I tried duct taping air holes and using weather stripping to seal it up without any success.

Too bad. It fits well and isn't heavy.

My first ride with mine in Houghton left me satisfied.
Obviously my short shielded RTX left me more exposed to the airflow, but overall I liked it.

My first ride with mine in Houghton left me satisfied.
Obviously my short shielded RTX left me more exposed to the airflow, but overall I liked it.

I agree. Its not a BV2.. I have never had a helmet that could keep out the cold and better then a BV2 without a heated visor. Castle compared too a BMP Modular 2, its about the same when it get this cold with a low windshield.

So I bought one of these with electric shield a friend of mine bought the same helmet too for another one after looking mine over and is both liking the look and feel of it. Today was the first real test and right now both of us are very dissatisfied we're forked over the expensive price for this helmet. I'm coming off a bv2s for the last few years and I didn't like the weight of the helmet.
So the conditions were 0 degrees farenheit and a little dusty following riders
first off the heated shield cord that attaches to the helmet kept falling off just from turning my head. And is very hard to find to plug back in with the helmet on. Once the heated shield cord would fall off it would start to frost almost immediately because of the temperature.
I was using a balaclava over my moth and nose cause of the temp and there is so much air rolling through this helmet and it was so cold it was causing my eyes to water. I switched with another person in our group who had a bv2s and there was nowhere near if any air coming through. Both of us had the same complaints with the helmet

Agree, the cord keeps popping out of the helmet, even with "crimping" the outer portion of the cord to make it fit snugly. Wish it came with a stick-on cord-holder. With gloves on, it is a pain/difficult to open the helmet, as the modular release is small. Have been riding in negative 0's F temperatures, and my heated shield was frosting over in the corners, with a stock Apex windshield, and not following anyone/snowdust. Kind of makes me miss my old Zoan helmet.

I'm in contact right now with castle x one thing to note there are two arrows on the side of the shield and helmet make sure both are lined up mine were lined up perfect on both helmets. They are supposed to be sending me some more things to try as well. I may get the new 509 black ops elite balaclava too for cold days to try to keep air down from coming through

Back