• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Castle X Helmts!

So I was going to get one of these this year but doesn’t sound like it’s very good soooo.... what’s good and warm ?

I like mine too. I’m surprised some are getting them without the “winter” chin guard on them. I bought mine last season and only complaint I could have is that the chin bar release gets condensation in it and then freezes on those really cold days. You have to break some ice off to release it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I have been in contact with castle x with the problems and they are aware of the problems and have noticed them themselves when using them. Hey claim you cannot get the helmet without the winter chin piece that all are shipped with them atleast the slash models.
This is what I have received from them the last couple of days

Ryan:

Are you running the visor on the helmet? We've found the installing the side plates without the visor helps align the shield when it's "snugged" down. We're working on a permanent fix, but this seems to help in the meantime.

I have not had a chance to ride or try it without the visor....

Then today I got this

Ryan:

We've been working with the factory (Scorpion) to determine what the issue is, and it's been determined that the sideplates (where the shield mounts) are the culprit. Scorpion had some "tolerance" issues, that have now been fixed. They are making us replacement sideplates that will be rush shipped to us, and we will be shipping a set to you as soon as we have them. All you should have to do is swap them with the ones on the helmet now and re-install the shield. We're hoping to have them in the next week or so, but don't have a date yet as to when to expect them. Scorpion is making them as soon as they can.

I'll be in touch to keep you updated as we know more on a time table. Thanks for your patience - we want to fix this issue for you!

Steve
Castle Sales

I bought one of these helmets from dmaxx the vendor in this thread. I used it last week in Maine. Best helmet I have had on my head! Very comfortable, light and stayed fog free. Love it. I used the heated shield one day and had an issue with the cord falling out of the jack on the helmet. Lossed a couple cords. I called Dave ( dmaxx) Monday and explained. He shipped me a new shield immediately and asked that I just send the defective one back when I get the new one. That's great customer service!

Sounds great!! Keep us all posted.
Ok, finally got some ride time past Saturday. 200 miles.
Changes: klim neck warmer, new chin curtain and yes put my larger windshield on. Results, helmet was awesome! Helmet was warm not drafty like before and no snow intrusion either as it snowed all day.
Since we finally have some snow here at home hope to get out on lake and test with standard low windshield to see which made the biggest difference, chin curtain or windshield.

Ok, finally got some ride time past Saturday. 200 miles.
Changes: klim neck warmer, new chin curtain and yes put my larger windshield on. Results, helmet was awesome! Helmet was warm not drafty like before and no snow intrusion either as it snowed all day.
Since we finally have some snow here at home hope to get out on lake and test with standard low windshield to see which made the biggest difference, chin curtain or windshield.

I changed mine back to the non vented chin and was much better. These helmets only work well with a windshield. If you sit above the windshield and run a low, you will freeze. Same with almost any kind of helmet in zero weather.

I am running a special package deal with helmets and tall windshields!

I changed mine back to the non vented chin and was much better. These helmets only work well with a windshield. If you sit above the windshield and run a low, you will freeze. Same with almost any kind of helmet in zero weather.

Tom, Are you still using this helmet. Tried one on at a snow show and liked the fit. But I am concerned about fogging without the helmet plugged in. I would like to be able to use it both ways. Have you ridden without being plugged in and did it fog?
Thanks

Tom, Are you still using this helmet. Tried one on at a snow show and liked the fit. But I am concerned about fogging without the helmet plugged in. I would like to be able to use it both ways. Have you ridden without being plugged in and did it fog?
Thanks

I have used it for 3 years now. The only time a plug in is when it gets 10 deg or less or freezing rain.

Back