• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Center shock spring handling upgrade

Hope someday to figure out a way to ship to all you Canadians reasonably. McLovin thank you for the kind words. Its all packaged up and should go out tomorrow before I leave for weekend. Just have to figure out the stupid Customs form. Any tips to get this through customs best way. I heard saying its used parts works?

Just had to mention that I was wrong for assuming longer shipping time to Canada from USA. It took 4 business days or 6 week days! No duty charged. Very impressed. Shipping was quite reasonable for that speed. Thanks again man.

Just had to mention that I was wrong for assuming longer shipping time to Canada from USA. It took 4 business days or 6 week days! No duty charged. Very impressed. Shipping was quite reasonable for that speed. Thanks again man.

It varies. I've seen it take a few days or up to a couple weeks depending on what customs decides to do that day. Anything under 3lbs 3 oz is under $20 through USPS but anything over that and there's a big jump in shipping cost.

Awesome! Thank You

Hey guys!? I would like to get a new spring for my shock. Cannondale!! Looks like you the guy!! My ridein weight is around 230lbs. Where do I go and purchase?

Hey guys!? I would like to get a new spring for my shock. Cannondale!! Looks like you the guy!! My ridein weight is around 230lbs. Where do I go and purchase?
Just PM me your Name and address for a shipping quote. 160# spring is $70. I also can get a 180# 160 will be enough on your BTX. I just shipped to Manitoba for $17. Not sure what it will be to you. Thanks!

If anyone is sick of busting knuckles when adjusting center shock preload with the crappy spanner wrench that comes with your sled, I found a nice upgrade... thicker material so it doesnt slip off the nut, and the angle let's you work in a confined space better than stock. Resized_20191107_133513_9624.jpeg
I'm just getting ready to Plasti-dip the handle to make it even better.... And blue. ;-)
Resized_20191107_152830_1940.jpeg there, that's better.
Source is:
UTV /Offroad 2.0", 2.5",& 3.0" Shock Dual-Rate Hardware Spanner Wrenches | Schmidty Racing
https://www.schmidtyracing.com/Dual-Rate-Hardware-Spanner-Wrenches-p/st-sr-drsw.htm

The wrench you want is the Fox 1.5 preload wrench, about $18.

It was an easy sale since I need it for center spring AND my new Fox H1 - 1.5 Zero Pro Rear Shock from Hygear.

Last edited:
If anyone is sick of busting knuckles when adjusting center shock preload with the crappy spanner wrench that comes with your sled, I found a nice upgrade... thicker material so it doesnt slip off the nut, and the angle let's you work in a confined space better than stock.View attachment 150305
I'm just getting ready to Plasti-dip the handle to make it even better.... And blue. ;-)
View attachment 150306 there, that's better.
Source is:
UTV /Offroad 2.0", 2.5",& 3.0" Shock Dual-Rate Hardware Spanner Wrenches | Schmidty Racing
https://www.schmidtyracing.com/Dual-Rate-Hardware-Spanner-Wrenches-p/st-sr-drsw.htm

The wrench you want is the Fox 1.5 preload wrench, about $18.

It was an easy sale since I need it for center spring AND my new Fox H1 - 1.5 Zero Pro Rear Shock from Hygear.

Thanks. Have one coming.

I recently replaced the tuners on my 2016 viper ltx dx with C&A xpt's. They track great and there is virtually no push anymore. The main difference has been that turning requires a lot more effort. Would Bills spring help to alleviate this?

I recently replaced the tuners on my 2016 viper ltx dx with C&A xpt's. They track great and there is virtually no push anymore. The main difference has been that turning requires a lot more effort. Would Bills spring help to alleviate this?
Yes. For sure. But I have to ask if you tried cranking up your stock spring?

I've found that the center shock preload has a big impact on steering effort and push in the corners. It's a delicate balance that you need achieve by tweaking the center spring preload. Tighten the spring two turns at a time until the steering is light as you want, but too far and you will be pushing in the corners again.

I've found that the center shock preload has a big impact on steering effort and push in the corners. It's a delicate balance that you need achieve by tweaking the center spring preload. Tighten the spring two turns at a time until the steering is light as you want, but too far and you will be pushing in the corners again.
yes once close 1/2 a turn is very noticeable

Back