• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase parts help

SledNeck91604

Extreme
Hey guys, I'm doing some part replacing after ripping my brake caliper off in a recent accident and an o ring appeared in the middle of the removal.

It must either go between the top gear and the collar or between the collar and the bearing in the cover by the way it fell out. I have checked the service manual and the parts diagram and couldn't locate it in either so i'm stumped. Does anyone have an idea?
001-1.jpg
[/img]

002-1.jpg

Is it an o-ring with a very thin cross-section?

If so, it goes in a large ID chamfer on bushing / spacer behind the brake rotor. Take a close look at the fiché for the exact placement.

The photos don't show up on my office computer. Thus the question about the ring.

You're all good now and I have earned yet another merit badge.

Was the bolt in the end of the drive axle in one piece when you removed the cover?

Thanks again Arteeex, now i just need to get rid of this stomach bug i have had all week so i can put it back together.

1276 miles and still in one piece, i'm lucky so far i guess

Back