• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CHANGE OIL NOW OR WAIT?? 276 miles!

SHould i change the oil now?

• YES... do it now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO... Wait till after your trip!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When you guys change the oil, make sure you pull the gold 90 degree elbow out of the bottom of the tank as well and clean the screen area on it with some carb clean. The past two sleds I've changed the oil in (one at 50 miles and one at 103 miles) it was amazing how many little steel pieces there was on that screen!

ScottyR,
Your oil change intervals are way too long. Keep in mind when you reed your BMW owners manual they want you to think their cars are trouble free thats a sales thing. By the time you find engine wear problems due too lack of maintance warranty will be over and then they can tell you that proper maintance was not followed and they can charge you big bucks to put a motor in it. CHANGE OIL 3000 MILES. Its cheap insurance! Synthetics maybe a little longer. :D

I thought the reason for not using Synthetic for break-in was that it is too slippery and the rings will not seat properly. Switching later if thats your prferance. Even if I'm wrong; what could it hurt.

Srxspec said:
When you guys change the oil, make sure you pull the gold 90 degree elbow out of the bottom of the tank as well and clean the screen area on it with some carb clean. The past two sleds I've changed the oil in (one at 50 miles and one at 103 miles) it was amazing how many little steel pieces there was on that screen!

Never checked mine but I sure as heck will the next time. Thanks for the heads up. ;)!

Personally I think using synthetic to break in an engine will glaze the rings. Dino oil is the best for breaking an engine in. Then if you like to go to the synthetic after by all means.

Back