• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

changing drive axle bearing on clutch side

sport20

i'd like to change out bearing on drive axle /clutch side. friom what i have been reading some people like to change every year. i took off side panel and greased it with a needle adapter for my grease gun and when i was filling bearing with grease it was forcing water out of bearing.
is there steps or directions for this repair on venture rs 2007
thanks in advance

It is easy to change ,take it down to where you had it when you greased it .loosen off the track .Loosen off the allen screws on the back side ,remove trhe retainer bolts on the clutch side and it slides right out.
You can get more than one year if you grease it at the end of the season.
I got three years out of mine and it probably would have done one more .

hey wilson
how do bearing come off shaft without sliding shaft to chaincase side .bearing will not come out through hole on clutch side
sport20

change bearing

Remove the flange that holds it in place. Note where your speedo sensor is and put it back in the same place when you are done. With the flange off the bearing will slide right off, there isn't any need to move the shaft. Really it is that easy.

Geezer 2

Sorry I didn't get back to you .I think its three nuts and the flange is off you may need a big pair of pliers go pull it out .It comes out real easy .
Make sure you loosen off the two torx set screws on the in side .Don't loose them I think you need them on the new bearing . I am now doing the one at the other side as it gave up on me yesterday . I don't think you should try that side your self as you have to dissasemble the chain case . But I would think about getting it done if I was you .
http://www.yamahaaccy.com/parts.aspx If you go to this link you can find a parts blow up of the bearing you are doing .That will help you .

Back