• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

changing track, how do you get the drive shaft out??

Ok I have done everything I can think of. I tapped it, pryed on it, used vice grips, channel locks, pry bars, hammers. etc.... I cannot get that bearing off. do the bearing and the collar slide off the shaft together or do you have to separate the bearing from the collar and take them off one at a time??? Or are they all one piece???? I feel like a mechanical tard but I cant get this... I appreciate all the help.

If I cant get this bearing off the shaft tonight Im gunna take the entire thing down the road and trade it for my buddies stock machz lol never!!

If you want to get the shaft out without taking the bearing out you can grind the three rivets off of the back plate that is attached to the frame and then replace the rivets with bolts when you reinstall it.

DC5 said:
If you want to get the shaft out without taking the bearing out you can grind the three rivets off of the back plate that is attached to the frame and then replace the rivets with bolts when you reinstall it.

This looks like the route im gunna take. I have tried heating it, soaking it in pb blaster, The only puller I had only had 2 arms but I broke that. I tried prying on it with everything I had but nothing.

My next question is how hard are the drivers to take off and replace with the anti ratchet drivers???

i may be wrong here because its been awhile since i did mine but the bearing has a small collar built into it meaning bearing and collar 1 piece.now if for some reason the bearing started to seize it would have spun the race and collar on the shaft and galled the shaft.this could be your problem,do you have anyway to heat this up?that could help.as for the drivers i had to turn the tips down alittle.used a brake lathe at work and pressed the on.

just checked 1 piece bearing and collar.just keep working at it,a bigger hammer always helps lol.you could grind off that retaining plate like dc5 said and then press the bearing off when you do your drivers but that bearing should slide off

use an air hammer from the inside or even from the outside just to to get it moving it gotta come off or cut it off with the torch I don't know if you can get a die grinder in there

shanksRX-1 said:
howdo you get in there to tap it out?? I can pry on the bearing but thats about all I can do in that space. I was trying to separate the lock collar from the bearing but nothing is moving. I will go back out and lay under it and try to figure a way to tap on the color from the inside... :o|

remove side panel... you be able to beat it out.

I ground off the rivets and got the shaft out with the back plate still on it. I heated it as hot as I could and still couldnt get it off. I ended up cutting it iff but its off now anyway.

thanks for all the help!!

THE COLOR HAS TO BE TURNED TO LOOSEN IT ,THEN IT WILL SLIDE BACK AND SO WILL THE BEARING.

MulotTurbo said:
you did not try the puller? should have worked.
I tried the puller and broke it. I tried turning the collar away from the bearing and couldnt do it with anything I had. I even tried a bench vice. After I cut the bearing off I found that the collar was attached to the bearing. The new one isnt but the one I took off is...

Back