• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check Primary Rollers

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX LE

2011 Apex ER
RTX had a vibration at around 5,900 rpm. Felt like belt would blow. Then it would go smooth again at 6,200.
Quick check if the rollers revealed one that would not move at all. After taking it off to look at it, the bushing inside was not set in all of the way and put pressure on the spacers and the roller basically freezing it in place. Hence the vibration. A quick tap of the bushing in place and now it's as smooth as advertised. Albeit after replacing the secondary rollers also.

RTX had a vibration at around 5,900 rpm. Felt like belt would blow. Then it would go smooth again at 6,200.
Quick check if the rollers revealed one that would not move at all. After taking it off to look at it, the bushing inside was not set in all of the way and put pressure on the spacers and the roller basically freezing it in place. Hence the vibration. A quick tap of the bushing in place and now it's as smooth as advertised. Albeit after replacing the secondary rollers also.
I had the same problem!

Im beginning to wonder if these clutch parts are from China or Japan? Or does that even matter anymore? Just seems like clutch parts in general have been crappy for several yrs from all of them.

Dan

Could be coincidence that your roller is stuck, but that vibration shows up in certain snow trail conditions at speed.

I have the same problem, i have to replace the bushing inside the roller,i buy the old model and they not melt like the original.
But i have 8000km and 9 primary roller replace and 1 Spring broken.

Could be coincidence that your roller is stuck, but that vibration shows up in certain snow trail conditions at speed.
Thats what i thought, but once i fixed the problem the smoothness was very Apex like, it definitely pulled a lot harder and at my last gas top off while riding all out with a ski doo xrs I took $20 and he t00k$19.51.

Is there any better aftermarket primary rollers avail?
Hope so. Not too confidence inspiring since for the last 15 years I have oened an RX 1 and new APEX and never has any roller issues. The only clutch issue I had was on the RX 1 which was a groove in the clutch after 12, 000 miles with 8DN belts.

If not Dan, you can bet there will be, if this becomes an issue! I put copper washers on the primary rollers to take up the slop the bolts had and the rollers still seem to spin just fine but i haven't had a chance to get it out on snow yet.

Back