• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CKX Mission AMS Helmet

Well, I ended up with a Scorpion EXO-AT950. Very happy with the helmet. Nice color scheme, comfortable, has recessed pockets for communicators price was $359.

https://www.denniskirk.com/scorpion...snow-helmet-w-electric-shield.pfp3313159.prdf

Liked the Oxygen Helmet but felt very big and bulky to me and didn't love the price of $624. It has great features and was comfortable. Maybe in the future.

CKS Mission didn't fit me well for some reason and also didn't have recessed pockets for communicators.

Good luck to those searching. It can take some time to find the right one for you.

Thinking about retiring my Titan to being a spare and getting a Mission. Sounds like electric is not necessary which saves on cost.

One question though -- Can anyone comment on the ability to use a communicator with them? I see one comment that someone is using one (Stain I think) but rbell 14 I see that you didn't like the fact it didnt have pockets for earpieces?

I'm running Sena 20S Evo communicators which have a small speaker the size of a 50 cent coin or so.

I wanted a helmet that had recessed area in foam for speakers so they don't press on the ear. Mission didn't have that, they just had a small area with a flap that held the speaker but it was pressing on my ear too much.

I think all other aspects of mounting a communicator would work on the Mission.

I have a Lexin system with similar small ear speakers. My Titan has perfect recessed earpiece areas. It's too bad the Mission doesn't. Anyone using a communicator system have success and how did you overcome the earpiece design?

Just received my new carbon fiber mission helmet today....sweeettttt! I will be installing the Cardo packtalk communicator over the weekend. Initial observation is there seems to be plenty of room for speakers between the ear and EPS foam. As small as these speakers are now a days I really don't see it being a problem. I'm not against taking some of the EPS out to make it more comfortable though if need be.

Had some time yesterday so I dove into the communicator install. Cardo speakers are from JBL and about the size of a half dollar and a 1/4" thick. First I installed them directly on the EPS, they don't touch the ears this way but they are very very close. I decided not to take any chances with having discomfort during the riding season. I cut out the EPS the thickness of the speaker so they are now flush with the rest of the EPS...bingo. Placed the speaker on the foam then traced around it so I only cut out exactly the size of the speaker. Turned out super nice!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post their input on this thread I recently pulled the trigger and ordered a couple of the Mission helmets for myself and my wife for this season. She's been riding with one of the older Yamaha Sno Force helmets that's been getting quite long in the tooth and I've been riding a moto cross style Shoei helmet with prescription goggles for many years.

It seems like the Mission helmet will be an excellent choice and checks off all the boxes for us:

We can wear our glasses comfortably with it. My goggles limited my field of vision, and the Mission has the widest field of vision that I've ever seen in a full face helmet. It's warm. It's quiet. It's relatively light. It has different tint sunvisors available for changing light conditions. You can eat and drink without removing the helmet. The fit is spot on. The chin strap is super easy to use even with gloves on. Different thickness cheek pads are available, as is a different size breath box for a custom fit. I really like the color choices that are available this year. Due to the comments on this thread I decided to go with the non heated shields.

We were able to try them on at a local dealer for fitment and found the CKX sizing chart to be spot on. When I first found out about these helmets last year I checked with Port Yamaha and at that time they didn't carry the CKX brand. I was just about ready to order from a local dealer last week but I thought I'd check with Kevin from Port Yamaha. Boy, am I glad I did. They recently picked up the CKX brand. I like to support the companies like Port Yamaha that support TY, and Kevin took care of us.

I ordered the helmets last Thursday and Kevin is shipping out the helmets today, one week after I placed the order. Once we get some snow and we have a chance to log on some miles I'll post up our thoughts on the new helmets. Here's some pics of the colors that we ordered...

upload_2020-12-10_10-19-53.png
upload_2020-12-10_10-21-7.png

upload_2020-12-10_10-22-1.png
upload_2020-12-10_10-22-48.png

upload_2020-12-10_10-34-48.png

Last edited:
Just one question VX1R....both you and your wife now have blue sleds.....who gets the blue helmet?

Just one question VX1R....both you and your wife now have blue sleds.....who gets the blue helmet?

The blue helmet goes to my wife. My new SRX is currently getting a make over at Blown Concepts. I'm going with some additional black and gray on the SRX to give it a more aggressive look.

Let us know how the mission helmet works out with glasses on. Especially if your glasses fog up.

Let us know how the mission helmet works out with glasses on. Especially if your glasses fog up.

I'm anxious to find out myself. I've only been able to test the helmet at home so far standing outside with my glasses on. So far so good... once I spent some time adjusting the breath deflector to my face it seems to seal really well without any fogging but the real test will come when I get a chance to try it out riding the sled.

I've got my first trip planned to the Yoop starting Jan. 11 and will report back after I get back. The fit of the helmet with my glasses on seems good so far. BTW....the blue/black color combo looks awesome in person....even better than what's shown in the pictures, which make it look more purple.

I returned my scorpion helmet as I found it to be too cold.

I took the plunge and bought the oxygen helmet. Will be using for a week in U.P starting tomorrow.

I think I will be happy, quality seems rock solid.

Just got back home after being in the UP for the past 7 days and I will give a full report on my new mission helmet over the weekend sometime....just a hint its very good!

After riding for a full week with my new carbon fiber W/ heated shield helmet i can say this "its a keeper." Temps ranged from the low single digits to highs around 20*. Used it both ways, with the breath deflector in and without. Ended up without the breath deflector and heated shield on. Helmet was very comfortable, warm and quite. I do need to cut my windshield down some as I have a small amount of turbulence, raising up just slightly off the seat and its gone. Cutting out the EPS foam for the communicator speakers worked out great as well. Listened to music most of the time and had to turn the volume down or it would blast the sound in your ears. The heated shield has no distortion what so ever, clear glass and the opening is very large. Vision was awesome, 100% clear with great peripheral sight lines around. Didn't get to use the sun visor much as it was cloudy and snowing 90% of the time, had a couple of clearing sky's and it was nice to just drop down the smoked visor for a few minutes but that's about it. Warmth inside the helmet was great, I wore the ckx highland balaclava which allows your full face to be open. Face never got cold ever as the shield seals super tight and the chin curtain seals off any air coming in from underneath. Never got cold inside the helmet anywhere and it never got to warm either, it was just a perfect temperature all the time. I got a chance last season to wear a Oxygen for a day, the difference between the 2 helmets is the comfort of the temp inside the helmet, the Oxygen can get to warm to the point of sweating and you can't turn it off or low enough, plus it has no vents to allow fresh air in. The mission has vents on the front of the shield to allow for fresh air. Well I'm super happy with my helmet and look forward to many years of use.

Back