• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch face wear

backonblack

I have a 06 apex er with 2100 miles and when I was cleaning the clutches this weekend I noticed that the faces in the primary had groves wore in them about 1/2 way up the face and the alum. looks funny, like it was flaking off. Its all stock except cr10ek's and 144 studs.. My buddy has a 07 er all stock with 144 studs and it runs right by mine, its not even close and I use a gallon more fuel in 100 miles. Has anyone else had any problems with their primarys.
I appreciate any help.

backonblack said:
I have a 06 apex er with 2100 miles and when I was cleaning the clutches this weekend I noticed that the faces in the primary had groves wore in them about 1/2 way up the face and the alum. looks funny, like it was flaking off. Its all stock except cr10ek's and 144 studs.. My buddy has a 07 er all stock with 144 studs and it runs right by mine, its not even close and I use a gallon more fuel in 100 miles. Has anyone else had any problems with their primarys.
I appreciate any help.

take some closeup pics of the sheaves....some Ive seen will have grooves down lower where belt sits at IDLE....but you are saying half way up....pics would help here.

dan

If you cruise alot at the same speed and happen to have some belt slip at that speed you will groove the sheaves. The 8DN is a hard compound and not forgiving to slipping the belt.

What would cause this slipping? I have heard it while cruising at low speeds on my Rage. I've cleaned and checked the clutches and belt, but didn't come up with the cause. I do have my 2ndary set at 70 degrees.

Back