• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Kit Questions. Who is running what and why?

I installed the 14.5mm rollers last night, test drove tonight. Wow, what a difference! I could back out of the garage without ending up on the street. I crawled through the deep snow like it was nothing. I crawled up my ramp on my enclosed trailer without holding my breath and hoping for the best. Before I would often spin out on my ramp and have to go in reverse and take another run at it. This time I crawled up, the track spun a little bit and continued to ride up and in the trailer.

I will look into the OPO spring. The is a Blue Pink(or purple?) Blue in there now if I remember correctly.

I just ran my schmidt bros comfort clutch kit for 500 miles. Much nicer engagement and low speed operation couldn't smell my belt burning when manuevering at low speed for the first time. Also excellent "roll on" the throttle in the corners. Definitely worth the 150 bucks. Smaller rollers and a different primary spring and what a difference. Easy install too.

yup. smaller rollers for me 20000 ago. lower engagement and less braking, spot on. if it were only so easy with the winder

I put 1200 miles on my Schmidt Bros comfort & quiet primary kits. Works exactly as Chris stated as a standalone first step. Engages 2900 + /- , rolls on smooth and powerful and no clatter noise. Tops out at 105 mph on the optimometer, very happy with the purchase. Other option was the Ulmer kit and I investigated buying rollers and springs, etc separate and savings were <$20... I would rather support a guy doing what he is for our Nytros... I also did the SB block off plate, steering pins & shim, skid coupler collars and shims. All worked perfect and really tightened things up, thanks Chris, appreciate your efforts! Stage II clutch for 2018/2019 season...

Have a new to me 2010 Nytro XTX with 16k miles on it. Clutches have never been cleaned or serviced and I have blown 2 belts this season so far. Pulled my clutches and am replacing the bushings and buttons on the secondary and a nice cleaning. Deflection is fine. As for the primary, I got a set of weights and rollers from my buddy that he has as leftovers from his stock SR Viper LTX. Getting them from him saved me about 150-200 USD in weights and rollers from parts house.

I will report back with RPM, feel, and if it is just downright terrible. Here's hoping it works. :drink:

I
I'm not sure about the rates. I put the rollers in and talked to Chris at SMB and they wanted $50 + shipping for their spring. ($20 for Y-P-Y or O-P-O from a dealer) I like the stock one for now. I might consider going up a tooth next year when I change tracks, not sure about altering the secondary yet.. Good luck but you will notice a huge diff just with the rollers, it really gets rid of the launch effect..
The SB comfort clutch / quiet kits, spring, rollers, shims are a few dollars more then trying to source what you can (can't get the shims) but supporting these mfg that support our Nytros when we can only keeps new things coming down the pike... The smaller rollers and softer spring work great, I think you will like it no matter where you get them from, good mod.

canoehead yes you can run that set up in any model i'm just saying in the short track you will see a rpm drop.

mathis,The 14.5 rollers will grab the beldt harder and they will make the weight act more aggressive.You will get a better holeshot.There will be a slight decrease in backshift but not that noticable.
Sorry this is a very old post, but will 14.5mm rollers also make it walk a bit better? I live in flatland canada so cornering and stuff isnt really a thing for me. Just like to go out and do a couple wheelies here and there.

Back