• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Kit Questions. Who is running what and why?

Schlick55 said:
Just blew the crap out of a Ultimax 3 belt??? Wot on the lake about 90 and she let go. Other then that I think the rollers and yellow pink yellow spring is pretty close.

did the orange pink orange spring not work out for you??? i have the 14.5 rollers and the O P O spring in but have only put about 5 miles on in a bean field with a v max 4...i could pull about 5 to 6 sleds on him up to top end before we had to shut down showing about 95 of dream O meter. heading to northern wisconsin this weekend for a week so we will see how it does there. taking my stock rollers ect with me just in case i dont like what feels like on the trails....

Tarzan said:
garyr said:
where would a guy get these 14.5 rollers
Thunder Products.
YAR148 Yamaha Rollers 14.8mm $79.99
http://www.thunderproducts.com/Yamaha%20clutch.htm

these are what I bought. Had to file down the bushing on two of them so they could spin freely. Not a big deal.
Engagement is lower better take off. rpms are now at 8700- 8800.
Top speed dropped quite a bit. Need to increase rpms another 100-150

I've ordered the Schmidt Bros stage II kit. Flying to Houston tomorrow morning to pick it up. Will be putting it on in a few weeks time when I'm back home.

Looking forward to it :Rockon:

nytroman20 said:
I always thought that if your final rate is less it will be easier to compress therefore raising your rpms... Maybe someone can chime.in.
Ive always understood that when it comes to the primary clutch, more spring rate acts like a lighter weight, say you use the same spring and change the weight by adding or subrtacting rivits, you take off weight to bring rpms up,less force against the spring, this can also be done by having a higher final rate,more force working against the weight, shifts slower with either a light weight or a heavy spring. So you are staying behinf the power curve of engine,n ot shifting faster or ahead of the power curve. I think i am not doing a very good job of explaining this, hey i could be wrong also,can anyone else chime in?

crazykid said:
Less spring rate is easier to compress which equals faster shift therefore lugging the engine more which lowers rpm.

Yes you are right! I spent some time searching and that's what I found. Higher rate= more rpm and lower rate=less rpm. Sorry about the confusion.

Back