• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch kits - real world results?!?

All that experience & you bought somebody,s kit? On a trail sled a picked sled & any sled with a good quality hard lug track can be clutched very similarily....but you allready knew that!

Turk, the point is this thread has got off topic and goes against site rules. If you want to argue with someone, send them a PM. Thanks...BBY

Attachments

• filter1.JPG
    filter1.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 94
  • filter2.JPG
    filter2.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 107
Matt.....I figure if I do post what ever I find on clutching it will cause even more grief & hard feelings so I am just gonna keep what ever I find strictly to myself.

Turk said:
Matt.....I figure if I do post what ever I find on clutching it will cause even more grief & hard feelings so I am just gonna keep what ever I find strictly to myself.

Turk, sorry to hear that. Please PM me with your results. I think you should post for every one to read. That what this site is for. I dont see how that can cause a problem . Let people make up there own mind. You dont have to argue your points , just tell your findings and let people make up there own mind.

byoffcr said:
Wrong, I have both studded and unstudded 06 GTs and attaks.. Allen stage 2 on two identical attaks unstudded sleds. The sled with the kit plain kills the one with out kit.. Switch the kit around and the other sled will do it. Theres even more with the studded sled with kit on. Allens kit set up by BBY and it rocks.

But as your own results show a clutched studded Attak will outperform a clutched non-studded Attak. So to get FULL clutching benefits you MUST stud or you are only getting a partial return on your investment.

But as your own results show a clutched studded Attak will outperform a clutched non-studded Attak. So to get FULL clutching benefits you MUST stud or you are only getting a partial return on your investment.[/quote]

I guess what I want to find out is how much better he can get the stock Yamaha clutch to perform over factory set up. ;)!

Mike, Dont take this the wrong way. Your input has always been invaluable to the site and I for one would love to see it continue. In the future however, it may cause less arguments if you simply started a new post in the Mod Results section. To many people have learned way to much from you for you to leave us now. The internet is a funny thing sometimes. Its hard to express tone, rather people just hear what they want to. Keep your posts coming bro. Happy new year...BBY

BlueByYou2000 said:
Mike, Dont take this the wrong way. Your input has always been invaluable to the site and I for one would love to see it continue. In the future however, it may cause less arguments if you simply started a new post in the Mod Results section. To many people have learned way to much from you for you to leave us now. The internet is a funny thing sometimes. Its hard to express tone, rather people just hear what they want to. Keep your posts coming bro. Happy new year...BBY

Thanks BBY I knew thats what you meant. ;)!

well dirk diggler, i disagree and i am only posting here on this topic because of a certain post where you say you heard i barely beat some certain well set-up 4 stroke rx-1,s with my 2002 srx. And might i add they are studed and have cpr super tune clutch kits when i raced them. With this said your thory is wrong because my 2002 srx has a home made very agressive 8bu set-up that kicks #*$&@ with NO STUDS!!!!!!! 3:16 (tony)

I hope this Thread doesnt cause DIRK to stop posting..

They way i see it from what BBY has said.. His RTX is about 4-5 sled lengths faster than it was before!(after clutching)

That being said if a clutch kit costs $400 (just for example) Its costing you about $100 per sled length to be ahead of your buddy! LOL

welterracer said:
They way i see it from what BBY has said.. His RTX is about 4-5 sled lengths faster than it was before!(after clutching)

That being said if a clutch kit costs $400 (just for example) Its costing you about $100 per sled length to be ahead of your buddy! LOL
Yikes, that really hits home. I think I'm gonna spend my pennies on ski's after letting that comment sink in, thanks Brian ;)!

Turk, please keep the info coming. I have 2 kids in college and your findings fit my budget much better :D

MightyWarrior said:
Turk, please keep the info coming. I have 2 kids in college and your findings fit my budget much better :D

You can say that again! Turks set-ups rock - and his findings are always appreciated here on TY. ;)!

Back