• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch recommendations?

T T Bone

Extreme
Sorry newbie here lots of questions. I know there is more hp to find in the sled. What are the bolt on parts needed for best performance? Thanks again :Rockon: Think Snow. Have made adjustments on suspension, new USI skis with shaper bars 4.5". Hopefully the steering will be better :jump: :rocks:

I had heelklicker 2 speed was great could run up to 95 100 with 06 apex. Heard alot of guys like the dragon flys. Randy and his wife are great to deal with and turk on this site will help and knows what he is talking about. Would recomend curve skis and hygear syspension trail upgrade. LOved the sled hated the ball joints and bushing issues.

ctp1528 said:
I had heelklicker 2 speed was great could run up to 95 100 with 06 apex. Heard alot of guys like the dragon flys. Randy and his wife are great to deal with and turk on this site will help and knows what he is talking about. Would recomend curve skis and hygear syspension trail upgrade. LOved the sled hated the ball joints and bushing issues.

I have been 100 mph stock?I take these are clutches? Ball joint and bushing issues, please explain? Thanks.

I think he ment he could run with a Apex unitl 90-100mph after that the Apex is going to pull away..If your looking for Topend Speed the Stock Clutching isn't bad, Kits like Drag N Flys setups are much quicker but not much difference on Topend.

Been beat to death but, I used Ulmers Kit.

Never did anything with a clutch before and it was easy as pie. If I didn't clean my sheaves at the same time, I could have done it in 30 minutes probably.

Only had one ride so far, NO SNOW, clutch hits so much better low end. Its not constantly "hunting" at lower RPM.

Stage 1.

All I can tell you is what I said already. I knew nothing about changing clutches and I would consider it an easy kit to install.

No clutch puller needed. The primary stays on the sled.

Drag n flys or ulmer stage 2... I will put my drag n fly up to most any other kit though.

as far as i know ulmer does not make a stage 2 for the 08 and new nytros just tho older type nytros

RDAY said:
as far as i know ulmer does not make a stage 2 for the 08 and new nytros just tho older type nytros

Yes he does...the stage two is the same as stage one with the addition of a 22 tooth top gear and 70 link chain.

well i emailed him twice about a stage 2 and he claims that he doesnt have a stage 2 for the newer type nytros nor does he advise changing any gearing on the nytros so idk then

Back