• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cold air intake

Shawn660

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Crossfire 800SP
Waiting on 2022 Sidewinder XTX SE
TD cold air intake comes with a roll over bypass... Hose with a filter on it, I kinda want to keep the rov, cause well... I know how I drive .

Should I put this hose and filter coming off the rov to atmosphere instead of where the stock one goes (into the stock air filter)?

2022 xtx se

There’s a hose fitting on the intake just before the turbo for the ROV dump hose it was used on earlier model years. That’s where I routed mine. I originally put it on the fitting that is on the cai tube but at idle and low rpms it made a chirping sound that was really annoying. I thought it was a BOV issue
The down side is the gunk still goes into the charge tubes and collects in in the cooler. I’m probably going to do the bypass to eliminate that

There’s a hose fitting on the intake just before the turbo for the ROV dump hose it was used on earlier model years. That’s where I routed mine. I originally put it on the fitting that is on the cai tube but at idle and low rpms it made a chirping sound that was really annoying. I thought it was a BOV issue
The down side is the gunk still goes into the charge tubes and collects in in the cooler. I’m probably going to do the bypass to eliminate that

I ended up using the rov, hose came with the kit and I'll tuck it in under the cold air intake. It's just sitting there now but I'll tie it up.

I see 2 nipples the same size on the cold air intake tube. Only 1 hose to put on tho? Any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_214837_edit_3455976344705470.jpg
    IMG_20220429_214837_edit_3455976344705470.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 220
I ended up using the rov, hose came with the kit and I'll tuck it in under the cold air intake. It's just sitting there now but I'll tie it up.

I see 2 nipples the same size on the cold air intake tube. Only 1 hose to put on tho? Any idea?
I installed my intake the same way with the hose under the air filter until it started spitting oil on the clutches one night. I ended up deleting the roll over valve and just put a barbed fitting cap on the unused fitting on the intake.

your not going to want that hose open to atmosphere above the clutch’s or anywhere under the hood as the oil tank vent produces an oily junk. as I saw it the only option was back into intake on the CAI tube or the fitting on the intake near the turbo or a full on delete venting it out under the running board. If you go into the CAI you r going to here that chirping noise as the ROV opens and closes at low rpm that is very annoying and embarrassing. At least I found it to be. The second fitting on the CAI is not used on my 22 also. On earlier models the wastgate solenoid vented to it,now it just vents to atmosphere

your not going to want that hose open to atmosphere above the clutch’s or anywhere under the hood as the oil tank vent produces an oily junk. as I saw it the only option was back into intake on the CAI tube or the fitting on the intake near the turbo or a full on delete venting it out under the running board. If you go into the CAI you r going to here that chirping noise as the ROV opens and closes at low rpm that is very annoying and embarrassing. At least I found it to be. The second fitting on the CAI is not used on my 22 also. On earlier models the wastgate solenoid vented to it,now it just vents to atmosphere

My concern with deleting it is what happens when the sled ends up rubber side up? I was thinking about a t and some kind of catch can mounted to the clutch guard. I wanted to try to avoid deleting it but it's sounding more and more like I'll have to.

I routed mine to the intake fitting the earlier models used. I’m probably doing the delete before riding next fall. I don’t like the idea of that junk going into the intake. In your pic what’s that hose with a little filter on it under the intake tube. If that’s your ROV vent tube your playing with fire as that filter could I’ve up and plug the vent. There are lots of conversations on here about even an open hose icing up. Some thing to think about

I routed mine to the intake fitting the earlier models used. I’m probably doing the delete before riding next fall. I don’t like the idea of that junk going into the intake. In your pic what’s that hose with a little filter on it under the intake tube. If that’s your ROV vent tube your playing with fire as that filter could I’ve up and plug the vent. There are lots of conversations on here about even an open hose icing up. Some thing to think about

That's what I'm seeing, been reading lots about it. Kinda torn on what to do lol. Wouldn't be hard to clean out that filter and dump whatever is in the hose also. I do only ride 5-600miles a year generally also. Sleds also don't normally sleep outside either.

I've seen a lot of crank case vents frozen on heavy equipment and it's almost always a case of vent hose is to long.

I struggle with this to I went with the earliersled fitting cuz it was easy and the flutter noise drove me nuts.

I uses a length of 1/2 “ silicone hose that I was able to stretch over the old fitting and it slide inside the hose that came off the ROV pretty easy.

As I’m typing this I’m thinking you probably don’t want a low hanging loop on that hose as gunk could collect and freeze. I’m going to have look at mine and make sure I didn’t inadvertently do that. Maybe the intake would pull that gunk out.

Just thinking out loud

I struggle with this to I went with the earliersled fitting cuz it was easy and the flutter noise drove me nuts.

I uses a length of 1/2 “ silicone hose that I was able to stretch over the old fitting and it slide inside the hose that came off the ROV pretty easy.

As I’m typing this I’m thinking you probably don’t want a low hanging loop on that hose as gunk could collect and freeze. I’m going to have look at mine and make sure I didn’t inadvertently do that. Maybe the intake would pull that gunk out.

Just thinking out loud

Yeah you would be correct about the loop.

My next idea is say a #16 hydraulic plug and cap, cap mounted to the clutch guard. Drill the plug out to hollow it, use a #6 bulkhead t, bulkhead to the plug, barb fittings for the rov tube. This would sit in the low spot and would be easy to drain every couple rides. Basically a catch can.

My opinion you might be over thinking something that has been thought about for a long time on here.

Unless your up side down a lot the delete is the answer

I’ve personally logged 14000 miles with delete with out issue as have many on here

My opinion you might be over thinking something that has been thought about for a long time on here.

Unless your up side down a lot the delete is the answer

I’ve personally logged 14000 miles with delete with out issue as have many on here

I wouldn't say I'm rubber side up often but it tends to happen at least once a year, normally trying to get a sled unstuck.

Issue is it normally happens far from home so would rather not loose engine oil I may not have to replace lol

Yah I get it

I’m torn with leaving what I’ve done with the reroute to old style or full delete

I’ll likely do full delete after I dump gunk out of after cooler

Wouldn’t your catch can fill up and then leak after a roll

Yah I get it

I’m torn with leaving what I’ve done with the reroute to old style or full delete

I’ll likely do full delete after I dump gunk out of after cooler

Wouldn’t your catch can fill up and then leak after a roll

It would but wouldn't dump as much as the oil tank would. It would be after the rov, so should just be the accumulated gunk from the rov.

Pull it say once a month and clean it out. Shouldn't be much accumulation.

Back