• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Colebrook NH snodeo

misterbrutus03

Extreme
Heard the sr vipers will be in Colebrook, NH today and tomorrow. Going up to try it out first thing in the morning and will post back with my thoughts. I wish they made one with the 4 cylinder genesis cause the sled looks bad #*$&@, but I try it out anyways. Glad they didn't take the apex out of the lineup. I'll be trying one of those tomorrow as well. Just in love with the 4 cylinder...

www.nhsnodeo.com Here's a link to te event if anyone's interested.

:sled1:

Sno cat, Your opinion is your opinion but jeez I rode the same sleds today and all i can say is ,how many moons does your planet have ? by far the best Yamaha I have ridden . I have owned 03 Rx-1,06 apex , 2011 apex 128. ????

MT.man said:
Sno cat, Your opinion is your opinion but jeez I rode the same sleds today and all i can say is ,how many moons does your planet have ? by far the best Yamaha I have ridden . I have owned 03 Rx-1,06 apex , 2011 apex 128. ????

All I can say is I wasn't impressed. Yes, it's less tippy than an Apex or a Nytro but it's not all that's it's being hyped as. And calling it a Yamaha is a stretch, it's a Cat.

i am sick and tired of people calling this new sled a cat.. the chassis is cat but everything else is Yamaha or Yamaha made the cat product better like the chain case its not the same as cat yam made them do a ton of up grades and the wiring yam did there thing with that to stop reading bull s*** post and get out and talk to dealers that know the product and are some of Yamaha best selling dealers talk with the rep's don't just look at pictures and think you can tell what your looking at. the demo i rode was not perfect the rep said that but he all so said that yam wanted to get some out and get us on them and the sled will be even better for the consumer. sorry im going off but this is just stupid people talking bad about a sled that they have not even gotten on or seen one in person. and for the ones that have just because its not just what you want well to bad deal with it or buy one of the other yam sleds or go to a different manufacture..

I drove 8 hrs to drive Viper yesterday. First I want to say I am impressed with Swift Diamonds operation and thank all manufacturers for pulling off a great gear head opportunity.
Too bad Arctic cat's semi was held up by snow in the midwest and I would of been able to ride all 4 manufacturers.
Glad we left at 4am because Yamaha was the longest wait to ride sleds.
Initial impression was poor with roar of the sleds at idle. Two Yamaha guys chiseling snow out of front bummer area from overheating? Amazing that they have dropped heat exchanger's in place of large radiator with fan .Sounded like Americade harley's at a stoplight.They had a dozen or so Vipers with fast turn around for next wave of riders.Most SE with air shocks which I rode on first leg.Not impressed but air ride may of been set for heavier rider? Clutch is hard hit similar to my Nytro but not as sensitive. All sleds were outfitted with dualies.
At break I switched to Sr with spring suspension and heated seat and was able to use reverse which was seamless but no back up sound warning beep? I liked this machines handling much better but the noise is too much for me.
Had a great talk with a shaker in the tent afterwards. So nice to talk to someone who knows all the issues with my Nytro and had great suggestions. Bummed to see someone had stolen a gas cap off one of the Apex static sleds?
After riding 6 different sleds I lean toward the new 900 Ace from Ski Doo. Quiet tractable power with push button reverse in Se package but no heated seat.

The Viper still has a radiator with a fan. They were chiseling the ice out of the front bumper because some were complaining of a clunk noise--the air to the radiator comes through the top of the cowl. Remember these are all PRE-porduction units with much to done.

I took a few rides on the Vipers today as well. They only had one 129" out of the 10 or so Vipers there, and I never did get to try it. I ended up on a 141" a couple of times and a 137" a couple times. The 137 went great, and handled the trail the best, nice ride and flat handling machine. The 141 was not for me, did not handle as well cornering and the front end felt a little twitchy, but I do realize this is more of an off trail machine. The riding position of these Vipers is awesome, and not tippy at all. The power seemed good to me, coming from an 02 Viper, but we didn't get to really let them rip for too long....and as trlbrkr mentioned, it seemed like a lot of noise for the power. Trail conditions were not the best, soft snow with lots of blown out icy corners...I'm sure the sleds would have handled much better with colder conditions on trails that weren't getting pounded to death. One guy tried the reverse at the mid point break and it was done...would not go back into fwd.... but I'm sure they will work this chaincase thing out. The last ride I took was the Apex, and although the riding position was a little lower, the front end seemed to stay planted to the trail better, handled great, the power steering was awesome and that motor is sooo smooth with nice power, I believe this will be my next sled. I'm gonna wait and see what happens with these Vipers and the other new sleds and motors they're coming out within the next few years...maybe they'll put the 4 cyl. Apex motor in that Cat chassis. All in all we had a great time there and all the Yammy staff were very informative and helpful, great bunch of guys. Big thanks to Swift Diamonds SC too!!

gmcman2012 said:
i am sick and tired of people calling this new sled a cat.. the chassis is cat but everything else is Yamaha..
So if I throw a mustang engine in my Vette it's now a Mustang? Good to know.

Millinocket Rocket said:
One guy tried the reverse at the mid point break and it was done...would not go back into fwd.... but I'm sure they will work this chaincase thing out.
So if you test drove a brand new car and this happened, you would simply say "I'm sure they will work the tranny issues out" and still order one?? I realize these are proto type sleds, but come on. What is it going to take for some of you to take off the Blue Goggles and realize they are experiancing the issue's cat has been fighting for the last 2 years. Yamaha engineers are good, but I don't think they are miracle workers.......

Mighty said:
Millinocket Rocket said:
One guy tried the reverse at the mid point break and it was done...would not go back into fwd.... but I'm sure they will work this chaincase thing out.
So if you test drove a brand new car and this happened, you would simply say "I'm sure they will work the tranny issues out" and still order one?? I realize these are proto type sleds, but come on. What is it going to take for some of you to take off the Blue Goggles and realize they are experiancing the issue's cat has been fighting for the last 2 years. Yamaha engineers are good, but I don't think they are miracle workers.......

Mighty, that's why I said I'll be waiting to see what comes of the new Viper, and be buying an Apex for now. There's plenty of time to get the bugs worked out before they're available, and I'm sure they'll stand behind their warranty if it's still an issue. Just trying to give honest feedback about these sleds without trashing them too bad. The Yammy guys seemed to be genuinely interested in our feedback and input, and one guy sat down and had lunch with us, talking sleds for almost an hour...

Millinocket Rocket said:
Mighty said:
Millinocket Rocket said:

The Yammy guys seemed to be genuinely interested in our feedback and input, and one guy sat down and had lunch with us, talking sleds for almost an hour...
The big question was did he buy?? :-o

Back