• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Colebrook NH snodeo

I was there Friday AND Saturday mornings for demos. I had to wait til Saturday for Yami because Friday the line was huge!!! Definitely the most excitement out of the big 4.

I was very impressed with the Viper. Definitely my favorite sled that I demo'd, which included the El Tigre, Pro-R 800 Switch, and 900ACE.

I didn't have any time to get info on the sleds. I noticed the Viper was handling/turning so much better than the other sleds but now that I know they were running dually's it makes sense.

i was all so there and i did talk with the rep's and not all the vipers had duallys on them some did some did not it was a tosup which ones did. one of them that i tred did and it did not handle good on hard pack it drated bad but they both handled good in the beat up trails.

The Polaris, Doo, and Cat sleds that I rode didn't want to turn at all. I have fairly fresh Shaper bars on my GSX with the stock carbides on the outside so when I rode these demo sleds into the first few corners I got a little too close to the trees! :rofl: Both Vipers I tried definitely had more grip in the corners so I'm assuming I got ones with dually's on them. They didn't seem to dart at all, but when I rode it was just loose powder not hardpack.

Got to ride the SR Viper RTX and the LTX model. The LTX with longer track handled better all together then the RTX. The RTX didn't corner for crap. I was told they have different rear suspension setups/weight transfer. LTX was a flatter handling machine. As far as power goes I wasn't impressed. Yamaha said is was computer mapping problems and also said not to shut the machines off after riding because they had a hard time starting. I witnessed this starting issue after the demo crew came back from lunch break. I feel if its a mapping issue, they are really far off because they just didn't have any snot. I rode 4 different Vipers and engine wise they all performed the same so it wasn't just a fluke in one of the machines. 1 Viper had a chain case break during our first ride. Our second time out, the 2 Vipers I drove were starting to get noisy in the chain case area. I really pounded the crap out them trying to get one to break another chain case. HaHa!! Typical cat chain case problem. Anyways It was just what I thought it was going to be. Feel bad for those who ordered them already. Out of the 1100 turbo cat, skidoo's 800 etec and there new 900 4 stroke Yamaha's Apex with power steering was hands down a better handling and performing machine. That's my opinion and is pretty noticeable with the first blip of the throttle.

:sled1:

Well I was the First person to take one out in NH front of the line and I can say the viper is going to be a sweet ride... Great power and handling.. No it does not have the Attak's power but I would take one in a minute. I think Yamaha is going to have a hit on its hands as long as there are not to many issues when they are first released as production models. Did two test rides and rode both the LTX and the XTX. If I was buying right now I would go XTX...

Back