• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Composit Track opinions

Has anybody had experience with these tracks?
I bought a Talon 32 after reading good reviews on them. I must say it’s a heavy duty looking track. The lugs are very thick and the clips are unbelievably thick!
It looks to be high quality, very little rubber flash, no cords hanging out.
It has a lot more lugs than anything camoplast offers and after seeing a few camoplast tracks missing lugs all over the place I decided on the Composit.
Was reeding somewhere someone blew 1 off at 100 plus mph said there junk

i've got the 144 x 1.38" talon on my XTX which i studded up the middle and it's been a great track. I've got over 5000km on it now with no issues whats so ever, works great and is holding up great. i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. ;)!

No rumor there were pics posted talon must mean junk in russian
Well after the reports on the camso storm 1.5” I don’t think it could be much worse. I’ve seen them on non turbo sleds with crazy amounts of missing lugs and ripped out studs. Then again if you ride in #*$&@ conditions any track will fail. The Composit track I have has a MUCH thicker lug, and the clips are twice as thick as a camoplast track. Heavy I know, but I’m in it for durability.

Last edited:
No rumor there were pics posted talon must mean junk in russian
In fact I will go as far as saying the new camso tracks are the ones that are junk. I’ve had camoplast tracks all my life, my favorite was the 1.375” lug Sno Pro track they used on the earlier Cats. I have had that track on my 2002 viper for 14 years with about 12k miles on it. It’s still in good shape. The studs have been replaced twice, all original clips. The lugs are thick and the medium hardness.
These new Camso tracks have extremely hard and brittle lugs that are very thin, easily broken off when hitting a rock while spinning.
These new composit tracks have similar style lugs to the old camoplast and thicker clips, I just hope the lamination holds up, if it does I know it should last a long time.

In fact I will go as far as saying the new camso tracks are the ones that are junk. I’ve had camoplast tracks all my life, my favorite was the 1.375” lug Sno Pro track they used on the earlier Cats. I have had that track on my 2002 viper for 14 years with about 12k miles on it. It’s still in good shape. The studs have been replaced twice, all original clips. The lugs are thick and the medium hardness.
These new Camso tracks have extremely hard and brittle lugs that are very thin, easily broken off when hitting a rock while spinning.
These new composit tracks have similar style lugs to the old camoplast and thicker clips, I just hope the lamination holds up, if it does I know it should last a long time.
Guess time will tell keep us posted

I considered a Talon 32 track when I replaced the one on my 06 Apex but after reading reviews of them being out of balance, I chose to buy a Ripsaw 2.

I considered a Talon 32 track when I replaced the one on my 06 Apex but after reading reviews of them being out of balance, I chose to buy a Ripsaw 2.
How many miles do you have on the ripsaw 2?,hows it holding up?

How many miles do you have on the ripsaw 2?,hows it holding up?

It's holding up great. I have about 2500-3000 miles on it with 144 studs up the middle

i've got the 144 x 1.38" talon on my XTX which i studded up the middle and it's been a great track. I've got over 5000km on it now with no issues whats so ever, works great and is holding up great. i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. ;)!
Any pics of it on ur xtx. Im.looking tontry itnon mine with 172 triggers

Well after adding another 3000 or so km this winter it looks like I'm going to have to replace that talon next winter. I've got approx 8500km use out of it. Some of the lugs have some cracks started and some of the inside lugs have a lot of cords showing as well on each side. It does have great traction but the wear is not there. The stock ripsaw lasted approx 16500km. It sucks I can't get the ripsaw2 in the 144". I'll have to look at maybe a prestudded one next winter.

Well after adding another 3000 or so km this winter it looks like I'm going to have to replace that talon next winter. I've got approx 8500km use out of it. Some of the lugs have some cracks started and some of the inside lugs have a lot of cords showing as well on each side. It does have great traction but the wear is not there. The stock ripsaw lasted approx 16500km. It sucks I can't get the ripsaw2 in the 144". I'll have to look at maybe a prestudded one next winter.

that is not too bad. i used to do 2 tracks in just over that milage without studs on my rxwar and both of those where ripsaw's. i will admit my style has gotten calmer but got 25000 km on an 1.25 ripsaw on the 2011 before it started shedding lugs. got almost 3000 km on the 1.5 lug composit and it is still looking good but she drives it more than i do and is a lot more gentle.

i was looking at camso for tracks for next winter, not sure what to do but only have 4 choices for me. id like to reuse my studs with the 1.35 cobra track but i'd like to read feedback on it first. Not sure if i want to go back to the stock 1.25 , or prestudded ripsaw or go to the 1.6 prestudded.

Back