• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coolant hose protectors

21GT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Ltx-gt
I Have a set of the BOP tunnel coolant hose protectors in I was going to install this week on my 21. My question is before I do are they still necessary on the 21 sleds?

I Have a set of the BOP tunnel coolant hose protectors in I was going to install this week on my 21. My question is before I do are they still necessary on the 21 sleds?
I don't believe there were any changes to how those hoses were routed through the front of the tunnel - yes, I'd still put them on.

Supposedly the hoses in tunnel were improved to resist punctures, but they are still exposed. I still recommend them as they are cheap insurance.

I don't believe there were any changes to how those hoses were routed through the front of the tunnel - yes, I'd still put them on.
Going to pull my skid tomorrow on the 22 and see what they look like.. Ill post a pic

This is why you put hose protectors on. High speed ice trail cruising at -30 ish . Had already cleaned the one side off when i Realized should take a pic
NTZwRq7.jpg

Pics of 2022 hoses. Looks different then my 17 for sure. The left side has virtually no hose exposed as it’s mostly metal now. The right side is got a lot of protection from the wide hose clamps. Not sure what the cloth material is or if there is rubber hose underneath? Felt very robust the right side. Steel reinforced hose? My guess

Last edited:
So will the BOP protectors fit on the hoses still?

I don’t know. I did not run them on my 17. Nor on this one. Just wanted to show what’s on the 2022. Travis will chime in on that one I’m guessing.

I am in the process of removing my BOP hose protectors and installing STM tunnel protectors since I am running studs.
If your going to stud better off to buy full length tunnel protectors.

Back