• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cracked "Bump stops" on the rail

monte1214

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Website
www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE
I call them Bump Stops, but the black rubber pads on the rails that take the hit from the spring, are both cracked on my 137" LTX-SE.

Anyone else have this!
Not sure why they're cracked?

Attachments

• IMG_6229.JPG
    IMG_6229.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_6230.JPG
    IMG_6230.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Th
I call them Bump Stops, but the black rubber pads on the rails that take the hit from the spring, are both cracked on my 137" LTX-SE.

Anyone else have this!
Not sure why they're cracked?

This is very common on the pro-cross chassis. The rail cuts right threw them when you bottom out and it does not have to be a lot. I put 2 sets of them on my winder then I decided to find a set of Ski-doo ones that fit that have a plastic insert on the bottom. This keeps the rail from cutting through.

I've bottomed out a few times, but nothing above normal.
As for pics, it won't let me post, says they're too big.
I'm trying to resize.

If you trying to pull them off a phone, yes they will be WAY to big. These new phones make the images 2 meg and they get bigger an bigger with each new phone.. stupid of you ask me. Add a image resizer app on the phone and you are all set.

Th

This is very common on the pro-cross chassis. The rail cuts right threw them when you bottom out and it does not have to be a lot. I put 2 sets of them on my winder then I decided to find a set of Ski-doo ones that fit that have a plastic insert on the bottom. This keeps the rail from cutting through.

Can you round the rail edges? Would that help?

Can you round the rail edges? Would that help?

It probably would help but I would not recommend in case of warranty issue. We have had rails break in that area and if you were to tamper with they might deny a warranty claim.
I would recommend these ski-doo bump stops with the plastic insert. I have over 2000 miles on mine know and have held up to the challenge. BRP #503190905 comes with rubber and plastic insert. $7.00 U.S each. All I had to do was re-drill another hole in the rubber to lower a tad. This way you are not drilling or tampering with the rails.

1st pic is a customers unit with stock bump stopper with a little over 300 miles on it. 2cd pic is my Winder with ski-doo bump stop and has approx. 2000 miles on it. Pics 3-5 are showing the ski-doo bump stop and insert.

bump stop.JPG bump stop 2.JPG bump stop 3.JPG bump stop 4.JPG bump stop 5.JPG

I don't think my Tiny Hiney has bottomed out yet to see this, but is this a regular concern on AC chassis?

im 185 and hit some 2' er's at 70 mph plus for 30 miles....I'll be looking closely (with my cheaters on )

It probably would help but I would not recommend in case of warranty issue. We have had rails break in that area and if you were to tamper with they might deny a warranty claim.
I would recommend these ski-doo bump stops with the plastic insert. I have over 2000 miles on mine know and have held up to the challenge. BRP #503190905 comes with rubber and plastic insert. $7.00 U.S each. All I had to do was re-drill another hole in the rubber to lower a tad. This way you are not drilling or tampering with the rails.

1st pic is a customers unit with stock bump stopper with a little over 300 miles on it. 2cd pic is my Winder with ski-doo bump stop and has approx. 2000 miles on it. Pics 3-5 are showing the ski-doo bump stop and insert.

View attachment 127748 View attachment 127749 View attachment 127750 View attachment 127751 View attachment 127752

See thats smart idea.. add that plastic in there as a spacer to protect the rubber from splitting. I know Yamaha had that on some of the bump stops on Monos and older Proaction Skids as well.

i checked my SW today and no cracks yet, only 2300kms. Then checked my 08 Apex LTX GT 40th with over 30 000 kms and look like brand new!!!

Back