• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cubby's chrome on plastic.

Cubby's RX-1

VIP Member
Website
www.cubbyscustoms.com
Well, its that time of year again when I send a bunch of plastic parts to my plastic chrome guy. I got about 8 pieces for myself that I am sending. And as I have always offered in the past, I can add parts from youse guys (TY family) to my order that I am sending in. I do not make any money doing this so what I have to pay is what you will pay. The more pieces I send in the lower the cost per piece. I will not know the cost yet until I get a tally of how many pieces I am sending out. But after 4 years of doing this, the most a part cost to get chromed was like $75.00. So the price per part should be less than $75.00. I need to have the parts to me no later than Sept. 15th.............................Cubby

08NitroRTX said:
Chubby,
Do you have any pics of finished pieces from doing this before?

These are the only pictures I have........................Cubby

Attachments

• rx1..jpg
    rx1..jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 130
  • rx1.jpg
    rx1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 135
Cubby,
Have a ball park idea what it cost for the full a-arm set and Spindle covers? I'll be sending some other stuff to ya, but these are the most expensive I think.

-1CS

Cubby, I have some alum wheels that need to be rechromed, does your guy do that and could you PM me a ball park price.

kinger said:
Looks great, what kind of durability do you get out of it? Something you have to do periodically?

It has an automotive type clear sprayed over it and lasts like paint would. It also scratches like paint does. One part I am redoing is my front bumper because I kinda ran into something and scuffed some of the chrome off...........................................Cubby

Cubby's RX-1 said:
1CrazySledder said:
Cubby,
Have a ball park idea what it cost for the full a-arm set and Spindle covers? I'll be sending some other stuff to ya, but these are the most expensive I think.

-1CS

I am only chroming plastic at this time, bro.................Cubby

LOL...Guess I should have actually read the title of this thread.

Let me know when you send metals in for chroming, I'll get in on that also. I'll shoot ya a pm when I get all my plastics together. :bling

-Vince

1CrazySledder said:
Cubby's RX-1 said:
1CrazySledder said:
Cubby,

-1CS

I am only chroming plastic at this time, bro.................Cubby

LOL...Guess I should have actually read the title of this thread.

Let me know when you send metals in for chroming, I'll get in on that also. I'll shoot ya a pm when I get all my plastics together. :bling

-Vince

It's all good, man. I will let you know when I am gonna do my metal chroming. I have a set of control arms I need to chrome as well..............Cubby

i might get in on this also! i love those rocket launcher covers chromed! were those $75 a piece?let me know! price for covers and tips! or are the tips metal? hmmm..... might have to check that out!

how does this chrome stuff hold up, is it pretty durable

Back