• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve Industries New Product Releases Big East - Syracuse NY

hmmm makes you wonder why they decided to cease development of this type of steering.
in the case of curve's....
how is it on the longevity of the suspension in the rear?
i mean if the sled is tipping(even the slightest bit) to the side,doesn't it put alot of strain (sideways,not straight up and down) on the rear skid?and not to mention,more hyfax wear?,more than yamaha's are supposedly known for?
just being devil's advocate here

Although the HSS system may appear to work like many other anti-sway linkages past and present, please understand that HSS works in the exact OPPOSITE of an anti sway assembly. Rather than address body roll after the mass center has moved outside of the intended arc of travel, HSS inhibits the transfer from occurring by preloading the front suspension into the corner. Furthermore, the machines sway bar is removed, allowing true independent suspension action through both turns and straights.

Keep in mind, HSS resists inside ski lift and body roll outside of the swept arc being carved through the corner, in doing so, the machine corners in a more flat and predictable manner - whereby reducing wear and tear on rear suspension components. Gone are the days of riding inside ski lift and your outside suspension rail all the way through a turn.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

hey Sean,are you making a video of this apparatus in full view,and working?
and probably the biggest question is....price tag?

We will have LOTS of video's coming up for Curve Industries on the whole. Pictures have been a top priority for us recently as well. You can also plan on head to head comparisons along with real world performance quantification for the HSS system.

Pricing will be reasonable considering the benefits however, be mindful that every platform will require different components. As with all Curve Industries products, you can expect the very best in quality, materials and domestic manufacturing!

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

I have a question. I saw the HSS at the Big East Show and was wondering this when I first saw it but everyone was busy discussing it with others so I didn't bother to ask. Although I am not an engineer I work side by side with them every day while I'm not saying this qualifies me for anything but after awhile you understand the mindset and thinking, so anyway my question is this how are you going to not make the motion of the shocks over bumps up and down not travel back into the steering/handle bars. I was just thinking it could cause a lot of jarring or just extra bar movement with out some sort of dampener. I could be way off here thinking this but it was just the first and only problem I thought of when I saw it. Otherwise this system looks incredible and I think it would be great along side my Curve skis.

HSS has almost zero bar feedback for a few reasons:

1) There is a huge mechanical advantage from the bars to the dynamic shock mount
2) The shocks are tied directly to the skis which apply the damping so to speak
3) The linkage geometry is oriented to apply feedback forces near perpendicular to the tie bar and its direction of movement.
4)Both shocks are tied directly together. If the system was actuated independently, feedback would be more of a problem.

We would have been happy to demonstrate the lack of feedback while you were there... I wish you would have said something!

Viper, we would love to offer a 'TY buy' once we release a Yamaha system... plan on the seeing something for the Nytro first!

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

how awesome would this be on the apex/attaks!!!!!!!!!! you could rail past the revs on the trails. brobably make the sled feel lighter too because of less push and body roll.

like I figured you guys had thought of that already. That is why I'm not the engineer at work! looks like a very cool product can't wait to hear the feedback on it when you guys start testing. Be sure to keep us informed!

So what is the second surprise? Are you guys also going to offer other options to your decal kits as well?

What ever happened to the "High Side Steering" system? Did you guys abandon the project? If so, why?

Back