• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve skis on EBay

picasso

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper R-TX DX
I see a few places selling Curve industries Xs ski packages for substantialy cheaper. Have they changed the design over the past years? I’m just wondering why These are $100 or more cheaper.
Have you all bought your skis from Curve, or from somewhere else?

I got 2 sets for Yamarob right here on the forums. I like to go with who I know even if it is a few more dollars.

I just purchased from my local power sports store. Curve XS set was 350.

They haven’t changed the design on them have they? Also what carbides are you all running in these?

I figured the price listed on the curve website is MSRP. Just like buying a new sled, you can usually do better than MSRP. If this design ski works as good as the reviews I have seen, I figure I would be very happy. I am running slim jims on mine. I will report back after this week on the ride. :sled1:

The Curves skis on eBay are the same as what you would buy direct from Curve. The cheaper eBay listing is for what Curve calls their "Leader" package which comes with Zinc Plated Steel Loop Hardware rather than Stainless Steel Hardware. The 4" carbides they come with won't last long so I'd be looking at replacements like the Slim Jim's. You'll also need to order the sled specific mounting hardware to fit whatever you're putting them on.

Don't be afraid of the eBay listed skis. They still come from Curve and are the same XS ski that's been out for years.

Bought a set for my apex directly from Nick when they were starting out, and the set I just got from Travis at BOP look identical. I was running slim Jims end of last season on the apex, but the sled was handling great with a single skag. The jims do not ever dart, though. However, trying to dial in the sidewinder from occasional ski pop on hard corners, and push, I finally removed my new Jims from my new curves and put my old single skags on.....the handling is excellent and precise, with minimal darting...so much more fun to have the front respond like this. Not knocking the jims, but in the woods on the bumps and through the corners under power, a single skag on the curve's really makes the chassis shine. So much more fun instead of wondering how much it'll push. I can place it where I want, and even toss a little oversteer in with the throttle since the front now 'sticks'.

They haven’t changed the design on them have they? Also what carbides are you all running in these?
No, doesn't look like it, and my original curves have to be from 08? or so....had em so long I forgot.

Bought a set for my apex directly from Nick when they were starting out, and the set I just got from Travis at BOP look identical. I was running slim Jims end of last season on the apex, but the sled was handling great with a single skag. The jims do not ever dart, though. However, trying to dial in the sidewinder from occasional ski pop on hard corners, and push, I finally removed my new Jims from my new curves and put my old single skags on.....the handling is excellent and precise, with minimal darting...so much more fun to have the front respond like this. Not knocking the jims, but in the woods on the bumps and through the corners under power, a single skag on the curve's really makes the chassis shine. So much more fun instead of wondering how much it'll push. I can place it where I want, and even toss a little oversteer in with the throttle since the front now 'sticks'.

I also prefer the single carbide setup over Slim Jim's but many guys running Curves on the Viper seem to have more of a problem with darting. Curve did come out with an updated ski rubber for the Vipers last year that added a little more rear ski pressure to help with darting. I'm running their 6" round bars and leading edge along with 3/16" shims under Curve's old ski rubbers and have little to no darting or push.

It's also important to make sure the ski toe is set between 1/4" to 1/2" out for proper handling when running these skis with a single carbide.

2018-01-24 18.43.54.jpg
I also prefer the single carbide setup over Slim Jim's but many guys running Curves on the Viper seem to have more of a problem with darting. Curve did come out with an updated ski rubber for the Vipers last year that added a little more rear ski pressure to help with darting. I'm running their 6" round bars and leading edge along with 3/16" shims under Curve's old ski rubbers and have little to no darting or push.
I did shim the back on the apex to fine tune them, but haven't tried the leading edge. The single skag lets the ski shape 'get into' the snow, and do its job instead of the huge slim Jims sticking down messing thing's up under some conditions...jmo!

Sounds like 6 “ round single carbides might be the way to go. I figured I’d get the eBay stuff, then order the mounting kit right from Curve industries. Order carbides from my local dealer.

Back