• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve Skis?

abj87

Pro
My factory skis are just about trashed, I was looking at the curve skis and they seem pretty nice. But, are they any wider than the factory Yamaha skis?

My trailer is very narrow, I have only 1/4 in between the factory skis and the sides of the trailer.

Yes wider but you still may be able to just squeeze it in. Great Skis though. Very good in varying snow conditions.

Attachments

• BigblueWhiteShoes.jpg
    BigblueWhiteShoes.jpg
    683.8 KB · Views: 140
  • BigblueWhiteShoes.jpg
    BigblueWhiteShoes.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 140
BETHEVIPER said:
It has been a while since I measured them but I believe they were 7in at the widest ends.

Just measured mine and it is actually 7-1/4 at the widest spots on the fronts and backs.

Glad I read this thread as I haven't even tried my sled in my trailer yet with these ski's on, hope there are no issues?

Curves are excellent skis as are Slydogs. I've run both. Not sure if one is better than the other. Slydogs are IMO a better looking ski.

studdog said:
Curves are excellent skis as are Slydogs. I've run both. Not sure if one is better than the other. Slydogs are IMO a better looking ski.

The sly dogs are definately the lightest skis I have used, Curves were the strongest/heaviest skis I have tried that didn't have a metal back.
I cant get over how light slydogs are, how thin everything is but what a beating they have taken and not warped or broken. When you first look at them, you think, "those are going to last"? They keep springing back over and over.

Just buy the widest skis you can get, then cut as needed to fit in your trailer.

BETHEVIPER said:
studdog said:

The sly dogs are definately the lightest skis I have used, Curves were the strongest/heaviest skis I have tried that didn't have a metal back.
I cant get over how light slydogs are, how thin everything is but what a beating they have taken and not warped or broken. When you first look at them, you think, "those are going to last"? They keep springing back over and over.

Just buy the widest skis you can get, then cut as needed to fit in your trailer.
How do the Slydogs compare to Kimpex Arrow skis in your opinion?

abj87 said:
My factory skis are just about trashed, I was looking at the curve skis and they seem pretty nice. But, are they any wider than the factory Yamaha skis?

My trailer is very narrow, I have only 1/4 in between the factory skis and the sides of the trailer.

The stock skis are 5" wide. The Curves are an hour glass shape and are a little over 7" wide at the fronts and backs.

the sly dogs I have are the wide version. I use them with dartless plates and they handle great, steer super easy, somehow dont break in half when folded against a bank and of coarse, float great. The downfall of them is the keel is not very deep and the body is not stepped so they sometimes can float too much. When the snow is soft, they dont hold well in a corner.
Arrows work great on all conditions exept when you are in deep powder and off the throttle. They are the same foot print as stock ski
sly dogs are a larger foot print than a curve and both are larger than the stock ski.
if your trying to go on the cheap and get a bigger ski, the mountain ski can use your carbide and tip, just buy the backs and of coarse, I would put some dartless plates on them.

Got my first ride in on my Vector yesterday, whoo hoo!

Awesome sled, love the power, the handling and suspension, especially compared to my old XLT which I have ridden for the past 15yrs.

The Curve ski's worked great, although I never rode my Vec with the stockers so I can't really give a fair comparison or evaluation but I am 100% happy with them.

The conditions weren't the best(lack of snow) but they seemed to handle very well with very little, if any push in the corners.

I did notice some inside ski lift but I don't think that has anything to do with the ski's.
I may try a 12-13mm sway bar if that doesn't improve once conditions get better?

All in all I am pretty happy with them, they seem to work very well and I know they will last me a long time as they are also built very well. ;)!

Back