• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Davidson sweeps Ada !

#3crew

Veteran
Just talked to Corey, 1st place in Pro 600 stock, Pro Open & Pro Vet 35.

ask questions now, I will try to answer.

Or... Check stihlusa.com Monday for in depth Q&A's from the man himself!

Way to go Corey. Saw him at the Yamaha show. Nice guy!!

That's great news.

What I'd like to know is what he has now done to keep his front pivot arm in his mono suspension from breaking.

Is there anyway to get a picture of the reinforcements?

Last season I went through 4 of them and this season the 2006 updated front pivot arm (and reinforced some more) just broke. The shock hasn't let go yet, but if I keep riding it the "ears" and inner tubes will break away from the upper cross shaft (with the cross shaft in 3 pieces).

I will ask him, picture may be hard, but hey this is why they race em right?

he is really happy with the "Stocker" / mono shock, eventually he should have info on shock and spring set-ups thinking about working on him to do this as after market packages, what do you guys think about that idea?

Although I would like info and availability of spring and shock setups, I would be even more interested in heavy duty reinforced structural components like slide rail reinforcements (found a hairline crack in each of them tonight) and pivot arms (front and rear). The parts that are breaking on me now are 2006 components (same as Corey was running and breaking).

I'm surprised that no aftermarket company is making heavy duty parts for the monoshock like are available for the older pro-action skid (like maxximum performance's reinforced w-arm).

On another topic, how does Corey feel about the updated Pro Active CK skid that will be used in the RTX in 07? In stock form is it strong enough for the "stock" class?

Thanks for the feedback.

I saw his race sled on display at the show. He is not running the Mono skid in the back anymore. Looks like it has a modified version of the Pro-Active CK.

journeyman, in his pro stock sled he has the monoshock skid. His pro open sled uses a modified torsion spring suspension.

Both sleds, (open and stock) ran the mono this weekend at Ada.

He has told me that he is happy with the ride and handling of the mono skid He also likes the predictablity, having the same set-up in both machines. Same course, same bumps... makes sense!

I will post more of his post race interview at stihlusa.com hopefully they will get it up sooner than the Red Lake log.

I will start a new post asap after they do.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now if yamaha can win the sno :yam: :flag: cross race in JAPAN today?I will keep you posted as soon as i get the results.

I'm happy with the ride and handling of the mono too - just not the durability of the structural pieces over a high number of miles. It's a great skid performance wise.

I'm still dumbfounded that I rode just as hard and as many miles for years on Polaris and Ski-Doo sleds and never did a single suspension part break on me (just motors, clutches, chains, etc. instead...).

I would think Corey would have needed to significantly reinforce the mono. Any info that can help us regular riders make our skids bulletproof?

I'm taking my suspension parts to the shop tomorrow to be reinforced (not sure exactly where I'll have it beefed up).

Back