• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Demo Rides? What a let down!

lukesju

Extreme
Why does Yamaha come out with a "revolutionary" sled and then have demo guys who don't know a damn thing about the sled!? In my opinion, if Yamaha doesn't step it up this will be the end of them making snowmobiles. Cat is getting the absolute best part of the deal, the Yamaha motors! And what does Yamaha get? A mediocre chassis that needs tons of improvements? Besides doesn't Yamaha have the engineering to design their own chassis? These demo guys need some education on their product! I left feeling like I didn't learn a damn thing....probably should have just went to a cat demo ride! What a disservice to the dealers too! I feel like Yamaha just through this whole thing together as a last ditch effort to stay in the snowmobile market. I know I am not the only one who feels disappointed with Yamaha's total lack commitment towards this unveil!

Do not blame the Demo guys. Most only saw or rode the sleds the same time as the general public and the dealers. The chassis works fine by me. Handles head and shoulders above the Nytro. My dealer had a big grin. And he tells me a lot of other dealers are grining too. Yamaha made out just fine. Oh I just bought a new Viper XTX. :yam:

I went to a Cat demo to ride the 7000 and the demo rep. said he did not work for AC.
He also said that Yamaha and Cat have worked together for 5 years....for what it's worth....not sure if that is correct.

lukesju said:
Why does Yamaha come out with a "revolutionary" sled and then have demo guys who don't know a damn thing about the sled!? In my opinion, if Yamaha doesn't step it up this will be the end of them making snowmobiles. Cat is getting the absolute best part of the deal, the Yamaha motors! And what does Yamaha get? A mediocre chassis that needs tons of improvements? Besides doesn't Yamaha have the engineering to design their own chassis? These demo guys need some education on their product! I left feeling like I didn't learn a damn thing....probably should have just went to a cat demo ride! What a disservice to the dealers too! I feel like Yamaha just through this whole thing together as a last ditch effort to stay in the snowmobile market. I know I am not the only one who feels disappointed with Yamaha's total lack commitment towards this unveil!

Did you ride a Viper at the Demo?
How did it compare to your Modified Nytro?
Why is the Chassis Mediocre?
What is it that the Demo guys didnt know about the sled?

lukesju said:

Whats wrong with the Cat chassis and why does it need tons of improvement? I have spoken to several Procross owners and have done alot of reading...never really heard anyone complain about the chassis. Most guys |I tak to like how it rides and handles.

lukesju said:
Why does Yamaha come out with a "revolutionary" sled and then have demo guys who don't know a damn thing about the sled!?
What didn't they know?????

In my opinion, if Yamaha doesn't step it up this will be the end of them making snowmobiles.
LOL...I Highly doubt that, 45 years of building sleds...."COM ON MAN"

Cat is getting the absolute best part of the deal, the Yamaha motors! And what does Yamaha get? A mediocre chassis that needs tons of improvements?
As much as Cats blow up stuff...I've NEVER HEARD a cat guy say anything bad about the way those rode or handled.

Besides doesn't Yamaha have the engineering to design their own chassis?
Maybe...Write and ask them

These demo guys need some education on their product! I left feeling like I didn't learn a damn thing....probably should have just went to a cat demo ride! What a disservice to the dealers too!
In all fairness.....there were some people that had never seen those sleds before, it's NEW TO EVERYONE ...lots of learning going on by BOTH MANUFACTURES.

I feel like Yamaha just through this whole thing together as a last ditch effort to stay in the snowmobile market. I know I am not the only one who feels disappointed with Yamaha's total lack commitment towards this unveil!
YEP...Your probably right...like baking a cake....A LITTLE OF THIS, SOME OF THAT, SOME FOOD COLORING, A PINCH OF WHATEVER....BAKE @ 300 FOR 10 MINUTES AND THERE YOU GO...A BLUE VIPER.

Nytro40th said:
LOL I am still getting one

I know YOU ARE
I bet you are going to love it, and do less to it too get it too ride better than your Nytro. After you add your goodies im sure it will ROCK UR SOCKS OFF....

Check out my little Blue Vipers, Just out of the oven, Im makin a batch of RED ONES NEXT.
:sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1:

Bountyhunter should be nominated for post of the year! Best laugh I've had in a while. LOL!!!! Can't wait to ride my viper!

I think we should keep this one locked......

My mom and dad always told me " if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"

Doesn't always work.....yes I'm getting a new viper too :-o

09nytro said:
My mom and dad always told me " if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
Doesn't always work.....yes I'm getting a new viper too :-o

Ya your probably right....BUTT..

NIGHT AFTER NIGHT of reading #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* #$%&* in the Viper Forum ever Since the Viper release. ...I GUESS ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH....Time 4 Bounty 2 have a little fun, as for EVERY BAD POST I FIND....I'll do this to it....lol :mod:

It's really is nice to read some positive posts about the vipers, from guys who have seen and rode them. We all know they are not purfect...butt what is. I think these sleds are going to be the BEST RIDING YAMAHA's EVER and they LOOK AWESOME. ALL THE PHAZER Guys are going to FREAK their having so much fun and the Nytro guys will TWEAK THEM to their riding style and LOVE THEM.

I think for now this is a awesome sled FOR YAMAHA RIDERS, As far as who gets the better deal AC or YAMAHA.....WHO CARES they can work it out as it's ONLY A TEMP THING ANYWAYS......I still think this a GREAT SLED so just ENJOY IT. Im sure almost all you guys that SC one will NOT BE DISSAPOINTED

Hey...gotta go the LITTLE RED ONES ARE READY.....YUMIEEEEEE
:sled1:

First off, This is the biggest thing Yamaha has done since the intoduction into the 4 stroke market. I don't blame the demo guys for not knowing much about these sleds, but I think Yamaha could have done much better job on educating. Yes, I did ride the Viper...I thought the 141" rode really well. One thing the demo guys did know is that these sleds were "thrown together quickly" and they still "need a lot of clutching and tuning." A stock nytro would do circles around the vipers at this point. I thought the point of a demo ride was to be wowed and then get the urge to go into the dealer and order one. Can't say I felt anything close to that and nobody in our group did either. My demo ride went like this, we get on the sleds without really any instructions and take off down the trail. When we get back we get off the sleds and not one yamaha rep/demo guy asked for feedback, comments, or even asked if anyone had questions. We were left standing there alone like a few first graders who missed the bus! It was clear that they didn't know much about the sleds they were supposed to be promoting. I think Yamaha is really dropping the ball here. There was a ton of hype about the viper but many aspects were missed like educating the demo riders, getting the word out about demo rides, and what worries me the most is the fit and finish of the prototype. I hope Yamaha pulls it together for production!

Back