• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you guys see the new Cat Catalyst?

A ZR8000 with ATAC was 15,999. They didn't have any pre order deals like the 22's. Highly doubt a ZR6000 will be over 16k

It seems Cat and Yamaha are trying this new approach to sales of limited builds with substantially higher prices. Not sure this will work out when in many regards they're not producing the highest quality product on the market.
I hate to say it but it looks like Doo will continue to eat their lunch.
Higher quality - lower price.

I love cat and always have had one
Poo and doo offer everything for everyone
They are just falling behind
And really where would they be without yamaha

I have looked at alot of pictures and read all the comments on this new platform. all I can say is it looks very ugly so if they do use it my next sled will be a polaris. could not spend all that money and not be able to look at it.. They are falling behind

I wouldn't say Polaris has looks worth bragging about, Ski Doo either. I suppose as the engines move back and the hoods get shorter things going to get a bit ugly. Procross is probably last of the lookers.

Ran into a one of Cats test riders on the trail Fri. riding the catalyst. I asked him about the cornering and handling he told me he recently climbed on a procross for the first time this year and the catalyst to the procross is like going from a Porsche to a pickup he was really surprised by the difference. He also stated the belt drives been outstanding the one he was riding had over 5,000 miles and that's original belt

Ran into a one of Cats test riders on the trail Fri. riding the catalyst. I asked him about the cornering and handling he told me he recently climbed on a procross for the first time this year and the catalyst to the procross is like going from a Porsche to a pickup he was really surprised by the difference. He also stated the belt drives been outstanding the one he was riding had over 5,000 miles and that's original belt
The new pickups handle pretty darn good.....;)

Hmmm
I agree I’d drive a pickup
And on the looks I think even the g5 skidoo which I thought was horrendous looking in a magazine doesn’t look half bad on the snow.
The belt drive works but I have to see that it’s better than a chaincase in any way. For 500 dollars gears will last 15 plus thousand miles and you have reverse

I love cat and always have had one
Poo and doo offer everything for everyone
They are just falling behind
And really where would they be without yamaha
No where because the track record for cat building motors is terrible at best. ONLY exception 6000 motor. They are a great chassis builder.

If they could bring the 1000 2 stroke back that was probably the best two stroke ever
Built and reliable
They would slaughter the market
860 or 925 will be a big seller and that’s what the catalyst will have in 25
Stupid emissions
Lol

If Cat is smart they will continue building to order in pre season hopefully with a larger line up. Flooding the market with sleds to create more demand is not good business unless your goal is to lose money for the possibility of increasing market share. The snomo business is weather dependent. Winters are not what they used to be. Having old inventory hanging around dealerships all summer is not good for the dealer network. Lining up trade in's in the pre season with deposits on new sleds built to order in the spring is a more efficient model rather than paying for floor plan hoping for demand in the fall. The minute the snow melts be it in December or April, demand drops. This season is a great example of this.

Back