• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dmc top gear play

jeff catte

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx le, 2017 sidewinder mtx
Hey everyone. I have a 2017 sidewinder mtx and just installed the dmc top gear and found there is some side to side play and back a forth. The sled has 600 miles on it and this was purely preventative. Have you guys found there's a but of play with the gears you've installed. The shaft looks good and there isn't much wear on the old gear. I appreciate any insight

DMC specs .020-.050 thousands of play. This allows sprockets to align and run true.

20231003_084155.jpg
that's the old gear

You could put a shim behind that gear to push it out towards the snap ring if it concerns you.

sounds more like the bearing behind than the gear itself.

You could put a shim behind that gear to push it out towards the snap ring if it concerns

sounds more like the bearing behind than the gear itself.
Maybe the videos not that good. I was trying to show how much the gear can "wiggle" on the shaft. It's hard to see in the video so it must not be that bad.

Wiggle room should be about the width of one snap ring according to the other threads.

Ok thank you. I threw it back together. I'll check for wear in the spring

Back