• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do not use aftermarket secondary shoes

apexgt4life

Expert
Did seasonal maintanace on multiple sleds and decided to use aftermarket thinking what could go wrong

All sleds destroyed in less than 1000 miles and chewing into helix and sheave

Any longer and clutch would be ruined

Oem only and yes they are 4 times price

20220102_135816.jpg

Not in my experience. Paid over $55 for a set of three ramps at my local Yamaha dealer, and they were done after one season of about 5,000 kms. Bought a set of three ramps from Royal Distributing for $7.50, and they lasted me two seasons of about 10,000 kms. Not sure whether my dealer sold me actual oem parts or not. In any event, I'm buying them for a fraction of the cost from RD. They are simple to visually check and easy to change anyhow.

Did seasonal maintanace on multiple sleds and decided to use aftermarket thinking what could go wrong

All sleds destroyed in less than 1000 miles and chewing into helix and sheave

Any longer and clutch would be ruined

Oem only and yes they are 4 times price

View attachment 165087
What brand did you use? I've had a few reports of this from the SPI ones I sold. This season I switched to Kimpex to see if they will hold up any better. If no better, I will likely just sell them as "emergency spares" to get guys through a trip or out of a pinch.

Had problems with aftermarket shoes, OEM only.

Back