• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does gas mileage go up after break-in?

Ricketts

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 PhazerFX
So I've got about 1700km's on my sled, and originally was getting around 23 mpg (cdn gallon, not us) when new.

My trip today was 107km's, easy going only a couple of short jaunts past 90 kmh, easy on the throttle, mostly easy lake and back road riding around 60 to 70 kmh. When I go home, the Phazer took 2.5 cdn gallons to fill.

So 107km's is around 66.5 miles, this works out to 26.6mpg.

Has anyone else noticed an increase after break-in? I haven't tried figuring out what the mileage is when I'm really hammering down, but I thought this was pretty cool.

Rick

US gallon x .8323= CDN gallon.
CDN gallon x 1.2= US gallon.

the thing is that people usually ride it harder after break in period is done so no, i have not noticed the engine being more efficient.

usually i get around 23 or so and i have 5300 kmh. i ride with 120km on a tank easily. and im 14 so you know i like to spin the track. but im taking a ride up 22miles to the lake tomorow back and forth so ill see

I'm glad to see others are getting mileage's like this as well...I thought I was doing something wrong for a second or two :drink:

I had got 180km's (ish) on a tank last year, when the display started flashing low fuel at 1/8th tank, I'm curious what I could get now.

First tank or two were in the 14mpg range and now I average 17 riding fairly agressive and 20-21 cruising at 35-40mph taking it easy and that's with a 144" track.

anyhting beats 8 mpg, but up north of Canada I just whent on a 200 km ride aprx and when i got back in my driveway the light had just come on for low gas, and it was a ditch bang and alot of hillclimbing, hammer down, so i think it was awsome gas milledge.

I get the same distance on mine that a crossfire7 gets. But the crossfire has a 47 liter tank vs 31 liters on mine. He also burns 1 liter of synthetic oil to boot. That said, it cost my buddy exactly twice what it costs me to ride. And he tries to give me a hard time because I have to burn premium!
:yam:

when we go on our 7 dat rip,i have a friend that still rides an old venture 600 triple,ykes,those are hard on fuel,for the same distance,say he uses 40 litres,i'm using 37 to 39 litres on the phazer & vector combined,he shakes is head every time

Back